News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2021, 04:42:57 PM
Oof.  I don't want to play the clip of the knee shot.  Too queasy.  Like one of those horse races where the horse keeps running on three legs.
I couldn't believe how many times they replayed it on TV. With things like that (and admittedly it wasn't a break) they normally show it once and that's it.

It was not necessary.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2021, 04:40:58 PM
As a nonplayer I don't understand why more people in Muller's one on zero situation don't chip the ball over the goalie.

He had a wide open side, he just missed.

The Larch

So, QF are as follow:

Belgium - Italy

Switzerland - Spain

Ukraine - England

Czech Republic - Denmark

I wasn't expecting many of those countries to reach this stage...

England do have a seemingly weaker side, so reaching the final should be the expectation for them. Whoever wins the Belgium - Italy match should be the favourite for the other final spot, IMO.

Sheilbh

A Spain-Italy semi-final would be very fun :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Btw, I must say it seems slightly unfair for England to have played this game in Wembley, given that the semis and the final will take place there as well. If they reach the final the only game they'd have played outside of it would be the QF.

crazy canuck

Belgium Italy is the game to watch.

And then the winner playing Spain would be the other great game.  The other side of the draw is not so interesting. 

Barrister

Wait - England AND Ukraine won today?

:o

But now they have to play each other?

:unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 29, 2021, 05:03:26 PM
A Spain-Italy semi-final would be very fun :ph34r:

Luís Enrique will get '94 flashbacks for sure...  :ph34r:

The Larch

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 29, 2021, 05:05:28 PMBelgium Italy is the game to watch.

That game should, on paper, be excellent. Two teams in form that play an attractive, attacking style against each other? Please!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 29, 2021, 04:42:37 PM
From everything I've seen it's all about England - "ending 55 years of pain", "dare to dream" stuff. The best is Metro's headline: "The jinx: it's all over". Although I also really love the Star - as is so often the case lately :blink: :lol:

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

I feel like it's going to be England winning the Euros at Wembley this year. It's going to be insufferable.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 29, 2021, 05:13:24 PM
I feel like it's going to be England winning the Euros at Wembley this year. It's going to be insufferable.  :lol:

That cannot happen. That MUST not happen. Jacob do your thing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Karma would demand a massive choke job on the final in that case.  :lol:

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2021, 05:15:44 PM

That cannot happen. That MUST not happen. Jacob do your thing.

No pressure or anything :D

HVC

Hey! With great power comes great responsibility

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.