And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on June 29, 2021, 04:00:53 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 29, 2021, 10:56:45 AM

Booing of the German anthem in Wembley!   :lol: If these English "fans" had brains, they would knew that singing it with the old lyrics would be far more offensive.

The Dutch public broadcaster just apologised for showing the wrong subtitles.  :pinch:

:lmfao:

Dank u Nederland for a time honoured tradition! :) Last ones to pull it were the Swiss, I believe.

Threviel

That was brutal. Ouch.

Threviel

Fuck that, a victory is not worth someones knee. Well deserved red card.

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 29, 2021, 10:28:03 AMBefore someone asks...

I doubt anyone here is interested in our whereabouts.

The Larch

I turned off the game at the end of the 1st part as I didn't want to risk death by boredom. Did I do the right choice?

Duque de Bragança

You missed a slide tackle at knee level. Back to the '80s.

Plus one goal.

Jacob

It's a pretty... uhm... robust game.

Sheilbh

They should have gone straight to penalties. These players are exhausted, spent and just physical messes at this stage.

BBC commentator "three minutes of extra time. It seems we have been playing for an eternity." :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Threviel

Not so well deserved Ukrainian victory, but that disgusting red card makes me almost enjoy the defeat.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 29, 2021, 01:20:59 PM
I'm very curious as to how the British media will cover the England team now.
Early signs are that the Sun is going to stop racially abusing Raheem Sterling - for a day at least <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

I expect, by tomorrow, by our resident Brits, a selection of the best of the worst of English tabloids after the victory on the Nationalelf. :)

Admiral Yi

As a nonplayer I don't understand why more people in Muller's one on zero situation don't chip the ball over the goalie.

Sheilbh

From everything I've seen it's all about England - "ending 55 years of pain", "dare to dream" stuff. The best is Metro's headline: "The jinx: it's all over". Although I also really love the Star - as is so often the case lately :blink: :lol:

As in the run-up the British papers haven't really done the stuff they did 25 years ago - because the country's changed in the last 25 years. To be honest I saw more of that style of tabloid coverage from Archie Rhind-Tutt's selection of German papers.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Oof.  I don't want to play the clip of the knee shot.  Too queasy.  Like one of those horse races where the horse keeps running on three legs.