News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Road trip methodology

Started by merithyn, April 09, 2021, 09:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you prefer to handle long drives during vacations?

Point A to Point B, no dilly-dallying
Point A to Point B with a hotel break and maybe taking in the sights
Point A to Point B via Points A1, A2, and possibly A3
Road trip? Isn't that what planes are for?
Jaron can't drive

katmai

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 11, 2021, 01:54:34 PM
That's a strange flex.
um have you forgotten last 20 years of  DWM's posts
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

I said strange, not surprising.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Meri, the family and I went on a Meri-approved (I think) road trip today.  8 hours, 500km, and wound up back at our house.  But we saw an assortment of giant roadside attractions (world's largest sausage!  world's first UFO landing pad!), went back to some of the old towns and houses Tracy and I lived in, and weirdly the most memorable being a village named Andrew - the same name as our middle kid, and getting pictures of him besides all kinds of stuff with his name on it.

It was a fun day.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

That sounds delightful! What a great way to get out of the house safely.  :wub:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Iormlund

If I'm just looking to move my butt somewhere specific I'll take another means of transport when available (train within Spain, plane elsewhere).
The only way I can drive for more than a couple hours lately is pedal to the metal (Autobahn ,baby!). I get really antsy otherwise. Long drives are a pain in the arse with my condition as well.

I have engaged in some fun road trips in the past, but those were intended as such from the start. If I were to do it nowadays I think I'd enjoy Threviel's approach the best.