German Federal Election 2021 - Who will succeed Angela Merkel?

Started by Zanza, April 19, 2021, 10:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The top candidates of the seven parties in the current parliament

4 (12.1%)
17 (51.5%)
4 (12.1%)
3 (9.1%)
2 (6.1%)
2 (6.1%)
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Maladict

Would red-black-orange be viable, if they make a majority?

Zanza

Parties below five percent do not get into parliament*, so the FW ("Freie Wähler") will not get any seats for their 3%.

* Exceptions apply: If you win three constituency seats, you get your percentage share of seats. Or if you are the Danish minority party in Schleswig-Holstein.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on September 06, 2021, 01:30:38 PM
Parties below five percent do not get into parliament*, so the FW ("Freie Wähler") will not get any seats for their 3%.

* Exceptions apply: If you win three constituency seats, you get your percentage share of seats. Or if you are the Danish minority party in Schleswig-Holstein.

Then enough conservatives need to strategically vote FW.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on September 06, 2021, 02:22:41 PM
How the greens have fallen :(
They will still be the biggest winner of the election, close to doubling their vote share.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Red in Bavaria! :o

The CSU must be absolutely livid at the way this is going (so far).
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

Bit surprised that in Leipzig and Dresden (both Saxony) the Greens are leading some districts.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on September 07, 2021, 08:55:57 AM
Bit surprised that in Leipzig and Dresden (both Saxony) the Greens are leading some districts.
Is it not classic hipstery towns in a more poor/deprived area of the country? That may just be my impression of them from hipstery Brits who've been there though :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 07, 2021, 09:01:48 AM
Is it not classic hipstery towns in a more poor/deprived area of the country? That may just be my impression of them from hipstery Brits who've been there though :lol:

It's Hip(e)zig it seems. LIpsian hipsters are definitively a plague, if one is to believe the locals. Not sure about Dresden with PEGIDA.  :P
OTOH, if there is a part of the former GDR managing the transition to the best it's this one.

Zanza

Maybe we can build a wall around Saxony and Eastern Thuringia and keep Leipzig and Dresden as enclaves similar to Berlin back in the day. An anti-fascist protection wall if you will.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on September 07, 2021, 11:12:13 AM
Maybe we can build a wall around Saxony and Eastern Thuringia and keep Leipzig and Dresden as enclaves similar to Berlin back in the day. An anti-fascist protection wall if you will.
:lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 07, 2021, 09:01:48 AM
Yeah, never been myself but thats what I'd guess. I hear Dresden is a pretty nice young city.
██████
██████
██████