Main Menu

Trivia Thread Resurrection

Started by Admiral Yi, April 06, 2021, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Liep

Quote from: PDH on April 07, 2021, 08:44:55 AM
Dopey Dopersson?

He has of course admitted to doping, but everyone was doped in the 90's so it was still fair play.

And two hints: #1 it's sen not son. #2 His nickname is Il Biondo.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

Quote from: Liep on April 07, 2021, 11:59:36 AM
Quote from: PDH on April 07, 2021, 08:44:55 AM
Dopey Dopersson?

He has of course admitted to doping, but everyone was doped in the 90's so it was still fair play.

And two hints: #1 it's sen not son. #2 His nickname is Il Biondo.

Fair play except for Riis who apparently had a heart that could pump cement through his veins.   :P
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Maladict

I can only think of Rasmussen, but I'm pretty sure it's not him.

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on April 07, 2021, 12:33:32 PM
I can only think of Rasmussen, but I'm pretty sure it's not him.

He was riding for the same team when he won Flanders as Rasmussen did when he got booted from the Tour.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

Ahh, Rasmussen "I never got caught I just disappeared for a few months after doping so I could later test clean."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

Quote from: PDH on April 07, 2021, 12:46:00 PM
Ahh, Rasmussen "I never got caught I just disappeared for a few months after doping so I could later test clean."

To be fair everyone was doped in the 00's so it was still fair play. :P :unsure:

Liep

It was of course the great Rolf Sørensen!

New round:

Name three actors who have played CIA analyst Jack Ryan

Sheilbh

Alec Baldwin, John Krasinski and I want to say Brad Pitt (some film where he's doing something with the IRA)?
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2021, 12:54:23 PM
Alec Baldwin, John Krasinski and I want to say Brad Pitt (some film where he's doing something with the IRA)?

Baldwin, Krasinski and Harrison Ford.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on April 07, 2021, 01:01:22 PMBaldwin, Krasinski and Harrison Ford.
:huh: Weirdly the IRA movie I was thinking of co-stars Harrison Ford (it's also dreadful). But yeah it's not a Jack Ryan film
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on April 07, 2021, 01:01:22 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 07, 2021, 12:54:23 PM

Baldwin, Krasinski and Harrison Ford.

Also Ben Affleck and Chris Pine.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

What's the only country in Africa that still has a capital city that is definitely named after a European explorer? Bonus: who?
Let's bomb Russia!