News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Trivia Thread Resurrection

Started by Admiral Yi, April 06, 2021, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Australia as a technicality?
But Indonesia really. De facto. Portugal de jure.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on April 06, 2021, 06:12:40 PM
Australia as a technicality?
But Indonesia really. De facto. Portugal de jure.

I'm pretty sure the answer was Indonesia, wikipedia might correct me.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Is Squeeze too newbie to remember the old trivia threads?

Admiral Yi

In case you are Squeeze, the person with the correct answer wins the right to ask the next question.

If you have bupkiss you can always pass your turn.

Josquius

In the 1970 election how did Edward Heath lose the vote in the Bexley constituency yet Edward Heath became prime minister out of the election?
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Bexley had a disproportional amount of Edward Heaths running?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Gups

Quote from: Liep on April 07, 2021, 02:24:01 AM
Bexley had a disproportional amount of Edward Heaths running?

As a one year old living in Bexley at the time I can confirm that's correct. Two Edward Heaths stood.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Larch

If we're going to get tons of arcane questions about British electoral results I call for the reestablishment of the Yi rule.  :P

Liep

Who is the only other Dane to win the Tour of Flanders besides Kasper Asgreen?

I'm struggling to find none-googleable questions but maybe someone remembers one of the greatest Danish cyclists of all time. (HINT :P)

The Larch

Liep

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?