News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Trivia Thread Resurrection

Started by Admiral Yi, April 06, 2021, 03:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Hint:

The sitting conservative MP lost the seat to the Labour candidate by around 1,300 votes, because the Referendum party ran a candidate, one Roger Percival who polled nearly 3,000 and split the right-wing vote.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Bellingham and Percival were outrageous homosexualist lovers and Percival only ran because of a lover's spat.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2021, 05:29:34 PM
Bellingham and Percival were outrageous homosexualist lovers and Percival only ran because of a lover's spat.

Perhaps nearer, alternatively I'll give you the link to the answer and you/others can continue to guess or not?
I have to go and do something.

Link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8375544.stm

Admiral Yi

I've got one.

Name the one US island that is allowed by the [obscure branch of the government in charge of this shit] to have an apostrophe in its name.

Cribbed from Jeopardy.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2021, 05:37:03 PM
I've got one.

Name the one US island that is allowed by the [obscure branch of the government in charge of this shit] to have an apostrophe in its name.

Cribbed from Jeopardy.

It's probably on the northeast coast.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2021, 05:37:03 PM
I've got one.

Cribbed from Jeopardy.

St.James's Island or is it King James's Island?

Liep

Wasn't this on QI btw? Is Martha's Vineyard an island?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on April 06, 2021, 05:50:27 PM

Don't know what QI is, and the Vineyard is an island.

Josquius

One of the Hawaiian islands? Would have thought several of them.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2021, 05:51:52 PM
Quote from: Liep on April 06, 2021, 05:50:27 PM

Don't know what QI is, and the Vineyard is an island.

Stephen Fry saying stuff that are quite interesting.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on April 06, 2021, 05:55:04 PM
Stephen Fry saying stuff that are quite interesting.

Ah, that show.  I've watched a few clips.  I think the factoids are fun, but the smug superiority of the panel puts me off.

Admiral Yi

It's your go Liep if you have something.

Liep

I'll go with the latest question I remember from a Trivial Pursuit game: From who did East Timor last win independence?

mongers

Quote from: Liep on April 06, 2021, 06:05:12 PM
I'll go with the latest question I remember from a Trivial Pursuit game: From who did East Timor last win independence?

Australia.