News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Property prices thread

Started by Tamas, April 06, 2021, 10:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

There is zero chance you ever get Texans to give up their cars and trucks, except maybe in the most fashionable urban areas.

So electric is probably as good as it is going to get here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on April 29, 2021, 10:58:59 AM
Lately I've been laughing at this beauty if you've half a million to spare:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/104968019#/

I mean if you always wanted to imagine you live on a starship this is the property for you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on April 29, 2021, 10:58:59 AM
Lately I've been laughing at this beauty if you've half a million to spare:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/104968019#/

That looks like it comes from the "laboratory habitat for subjecting people to sensory deprivation experiments" school of interior design.  :yucky:

Sheilbh

:lol: :ph34r:

That looks like someone told their interior designer that it's essential they can easily clean up after committing their many, many murders.

Edit: I should say I spend a disproportionate amount of time looking at insanely expensive properties so I can judge their decor decisions. There's no bigger sign of why the rich don't deserve their money than what they do with their money.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Had a quick look what you can get for ca. 500k in my district.

For 540k you can get a 111m² ground floor apartment, but you have to get permission to use it for living, as currently it's a mixed living/working designation. For 548k you can get an 89 m² fixer upper. The next ones (around 500k) are for 50-60 m². There's a 77 m² one for 289k, but it needs to be renovated, AND it comes with a lifetime tenant. :lol:

The tenant seems to be ... excentric:

(And yes, the shower is in the kitchen. Rent revenue is €3624 p.a.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

That sci-fi house is only missing a black monolith in the middle of the room.

The Larch

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 29, 2021, 10:46:03 AM
There is zero chance you ever get Texans to give up their cars and trucks, except maybe in the most fashionable urban areas.

So electric is probably as good as it is going to get here.
First they came for our burgers and I said nothing.
Then they came for our F-150 and I said nothing...
;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 29, 2021, 11:23:48 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 29, 2021, 11:18:22 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 29, 2021, 11:10:21 AMAnd yes, the shower is in the kitchen.

I was going to ask exactly that.  :lol:
Syt has reassured me about London :lol:

You occasionally see that with old apartments, but it's very rare these days.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

If I were held under $500K, this is probably the current (available) top contender in my prospective housing market:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2205-Golden-Oaks-Ln-Monterey-CA-93940/19311876_zpid/

(Community laundry facilities  :yucky: )

Valmy

Wait...560 square feet?

Damn. Well I guess it is good it is just you.