And we're back!

Main Menu

War in the East 2

Started by crazy canuck, April 02, 2021, 01:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Has anyone tried this yet?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

I heard a rumor the Germans tried it. Seemed promising at the start but apparently it ends up being a real mess.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josephus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 02, 2021, 02:25:13 PM
I heard a rumor the Germans tried it. Seemed promising at the start but apparently it ends up being a real mess.

Some Corsican dude did too; didn't end up so well for him either.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Minsky Moment

Despite his initial enthusiasm, the overall experience left him feeling rather cold.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Habbaku

Also haven't tried it. I'll be waiting on a sale, though I'm cautiously optimistic.

For a playable Barbarossa, I'm still open to doing Decisive Campaigns via PBEM with anyone...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Gamer_1745 has a YouTube series of the grand campaign for anyone interested: https://youtu.be/wD18X82ADSw?list=PLPwNnI3seu0u-_m05jqE61AMR1b59dggX
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Btw, for a more manageable take on Barbarossa, which focuses on strategic decisions, Cauldrons of War takes a bit of getting used to (esp. combat and managing resources), but it's an interesting project:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1265220/Cauldrons_of_War__Barbarossa/

(Follow up about Stalingrad has just released.)
—Stephen Jay Gould

HisMajestyBOB

I have not played WitE2, but I have been playing WitP:AE again.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help