How Zealous Are You About Covid Compliance?

Started by Admiral Yi, March 31, 2021, 07:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now with kung-fu action grip!

2 (5.4%)
8 (21.6%)
10 (27%)
10 (27%)
4 (10.8%)
2 (5.4%)
0 (0%)
1 (2.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
I clicked the button down here because it's so shiny
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 01, 2021, 08:40:14 AM
You guys are way overvaluing yourselves.

Hmm? I'd rather not get sick and/or die.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Well it is an arbitrary rating. Maybe I am actually doing far worse :hmm: of course what the actual rules are here in Texas is always confusing with federal/state/local recommendations.

But nobody in my house got COVID so there is that :contract:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on April 01, 2021, 09:05:07 AM

:hmm: I meant, 9s - 8s - 7s?

Iorm gives himself a 9 but goes maskless around people (to eat) and meets people socially.

Celed gives himself a 8 and visits his family!

Compared to you they are 5s, maybe.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Well, I interpret "compliance" as in "following the rules", and without a doubt I'm an 8 on that.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 01, 2021, 09:13:02 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 01, 2021, 09:05:07 AM

Iorm gives himself a 9 but goes maskless around people (to eat) and meets people socially.

Celed gives himself a 8 and visits his family!

Compared to you they are 5s, maybe.

Yeah I guess I am a 5. But, again, what are the actual rules here in Texas? Not even sure.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Texas still has rules? I thought your governor took them all away 2-3 weeks ago.

Want to see a list of rules of Quebec's Red zones? It's a woozy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 01, 2021, 09:25:46 AM
Texas still has rules? I thought your governor took them all away 2-3 weeks ago.

Want to see a list of rules of Quebec's Red zones? It's a woozy.

Even then it was not like they were being enforced, they were just kind of suggestions. It was mostly up to each municipality/county to actually have COVID standards and I am not even sure what they are where I live, where my parents live, where my sister lives, or where my workplace is. Everybody just kind of does what seems to make sense.

Iormlund

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 01, 2021, 09:13:02 AM

I don't eat out that much. Twice in the last year really, during the lowest of the lows last summer. Nobody has come to my place nor have I been to someone else's (not even my folks').

I mostly take the mask off to drink coffee or another beverage and usually put it back again immediately. Always outside and keeping the distance, upwind if I can. I also avoid times when there will be more than a handful people around.

Quite frankly, I don't know a single person who goes beyond what I do.

Barrister

I went with a 6.

Early in March (when case numbers were still low) we made plans to visit my mom in Calgary last weekend.  I think we've seen her in person twice in the last 12 months of Covid, and both times were quick outdoor-only visits.  Case numbers are definitely climbing again (yay third wave!), but we still went down and stayed at her place.

We've never washed groceries and the like, which I think has been born out by the subsequent research - Covid is an airborne disease.  The courthouse is fully open and I still go to work every day, although some steps at social distancing and mask wearing happen.

I'm just hoping to run out the clock and get my vaccine.  They opened up the category I'm in this week (people with "eligible high-risk underlying health conditions") for those born between 1957-1963.  I'm a 1975, so maybe n a couple of weeks?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

I wear mask at all times, even outdoors (which is mandatory over here), and only take it out to drink/eat - which I only make maybe once every weeks, with my mother, since she's taking the isolation very badly  (plus our dog dying hasn't helped matters). Always outdoors, I haven't been inside a restaurant (except to pay the check) in a year.

Haven't been indoors with any friend since June last year - only family. And the last time I mingled with somebody other than my parents it was last Christmas, and we still didn't break the rule of six.

Never did the washing of groceries and shit, because it has always struck me as a bit of nonsense, never seen evidence that surface transmission is a thing.

The Brain

I follow recommendations. Of course, since I'm in Sweden, the recommendations aren't completely nuts.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2021, 05:06:51 AM
I won't admit to breaking any laws on a public forum.

No need to worry, you've already admitted rule breaking by having your father over at your new home for extended periods*. :P

* presumably helping out with renovations.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 01, 2021, 05:17:54 AM
Probably a 6-7. Never washed anything from the shops - never even thought of it until someone mentioned it and I looked at them like they were mad.

I wear a mask when I'm indoors/in an enclosed space and have done since summer last year - so before the government guidance really pushed it. I still hand sanitise a lot.

I met up with people when that was allowed - and did break the rule of six. But otherwise I've basically just followed the rules but I'm not as punctilious about distancing in shops etc this time round.

<_<

Not so keen on that, after all it doesn't take much extra effort and can assuage any concerns the other person might have,;one doesn't want to inadvertently worsen someone else's lock-down mental health issue does one?

Also it's a sign of mutual respect, when I'm out in the countryside and encounter walkers/riders I go right to the other side of the lane/road, as it costs me nothing in effort and I think is a respectful thing to do in these strange times we live in.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Ah, those times when going out of your way to avoid people was rude  :lol:  :cry:

Sheilbh

Yeah - distancing on the street has long gone in my area of London. Although that may just be because I go to the shops at the same time as everyone else so when they're busy. It's not like lockdown 1 when you went outside and the streets were so empty it was like being out on a weeknight past midnight.

And obviously there's normally security controlling how many people are in a shop. I'm not back to browsing the same shelf as someone else or reached across someone or anything like that. But in lockdown 1 it would basically be one person per aisle - that's gone from me and everyone else.

I think everyone still basically keeps a metre away from each other when queueing to go into the shop or at the till - but all my shops are like Tesco Metro size so if you need stuff in the areas by the tills (toiletries mainly <_<) it's more or less impossible to distance.

I think I will probably take extra care now because I know that people who've been shielding are now being allowed out which is great.
Let's bomb Russia!