News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teaching English Abroad

Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 04, 2010, 05:30:32 AM
The teachers had a welcome to Namyang Middle School party today at the local bbq place and it was awesome. They used beef instead of the usual pork and it was just exquisite. Some awkward conversations though.

New Ms. Lee:  :) Do you like Boys or Girls?

Me: :o Girls

New Ms. Lee:  :) Why?

Me: :unsure: In what way do you mean?

New Ms. Lee: :) As students.

Me:  :blush: Oh...

She didn't mean on the BBQ surely. Or she did, and she's freshly escaped from the North.

Modern education is built for girls in any case. It's a good time to be a college professor.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on March 04, 2010, 05:35:05 AM
Same thing surely? :perv: :p

See, this is why people think you like beef.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Tim, in the event that war suddenly breaks out between the Koreas while you're there, what are you supposed to do?  Are there plans to evacuate you and all the other foreign teachers, or what?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

Yes. First train to Pyongyang !
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Someone stole my sandals out of my box.  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on March 09, 2010, 11:55:52 AM
Tim, in the event that war suddenly breaks out between the Koreas while you're there, what are you supposed to do?  Are there plans to evacuate you and all the other foreign teachers, or what?
I assume their would be directions given over Armed Forces Korea radio and I'd follow those. Pyeongtaek is to the immediate south of my and houses a large concentration of US troops. I'd probably head towards Osan airbase.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 09, 2010, 06:14:54 PM

Are there any wild mexicans in Korea? :o
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HisMajestyBOB

Run around in circles screaming. :yes:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 09, 2010, 06:30:52 PM

Run around in circles screaming. :yes:
HMBOB is much closer to the border than I. :yes:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

You'd be forced to hide out in a cellar for a few weeks, rifle in hand, venturing forth undercover of darkness using your video camera's night vision to guide you where the North Koreans have nothing. In these forays you will search for food and supplies and try to hamper the north's war effort as much as possible. You will be torn between a mixture of doing the right thing and trying to save as many people from the ravages of the reds as possible and simply trying to survive until UN counter attack.
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 09, 2010, 06:44:00 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 09, 2010, 06:14:54 PM

What?
Teacher sandals are kept in a row of wooden cabinets. My have been taken. What don't you understand?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Why you would be barefoot at school.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 09, 2010, 06:18:50 PM
I assume their would be directions given over Armed Forces Korea radio and I'd follow those. Pyeongtaek is to the immediate south of my and houses a large concentration of US troops. I'd probably head towards Osan airbase.

From what I've heard about Osan, you might be better off embracing the Dear Leader.  :P