News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teaching English Abroad

Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Bartender almost set me on fire Saturday.

4 Hungarians came in and ordered some shots. When I turned around the ashtray was on fire. I'm thinking "what the hell? That's not how you get rid of cigarette butts." Bartender dips two fingers into the flames, his fingers go out and he does it again. I'm just dumbfounded watching this, wondering what he's doing. Then he spits liquor across his fingers, Zena warrior princess style, causing a huge ball of fire to roll across the bar setting the shots on fire. Of course he didn't bother to warn me even though I had an arm on the bar. The fireball rolled up my arm to the elbow. Now, I had a good buzz going on, so instead of freaking out, my thought was "I'm on fire, interesting", but it went out in a flash, so no harm was done.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

In Itaewon?

Maybe I should start going there more often. Sounds exciting. :D

QuoteNow, I had a good buzz going on, so instead of freaking out, my thought was "I'm on fire, interesting", but it went out in a flash, so no harm was done.

:lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 13, 2009, 06:32:11 PM
In Itaewon?

Maybe I should start going there more often. Sounds exciting. :D

QuoteNow, I had a good buzz going on, so instead of freaking out, my thought was "I'm on fire, interesting", but it went out in a flash, so no harm was done.

:lol:

No, that was in Suwon, but it was at the NB (NoiseBasement) and I know there's one of those in Hongdae.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 07, 2009, 07:41:33 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 07, 2009, 03:55:35 AM
La dictée is still a classic in France. Stupid teenages fed on SMS and keske get bad marks but they deserve it.
En and ans sound the same but not on :D Same thing with brun and brin except in regional varieties.
I was good at it so I am biased ;)
Why can't french evolve, english has?
French has already evolved.  Into English.

Seriously, it's a matter of pride.  If anybody actually cared about communicating effectively, they would only speak English.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Only if english stop using latin words for no good reason.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 14, 2009, 08:34:54 AM
Only if english stop using latin words for no good reason.

I like the use of Latin.  :smarty:

Alatriste

I quite like Latin words provided they aren't included a fortiori.

Malthus

Quote from: Alatriste on December 15, 2009, 07:59:33 AM
I quite like Latin words provided they aren't included a fortiori.

The quid pro quo for not using Latin tags is enhanced elegance of language.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

The end of the year school festival...WTF was that insanity. :blink:

All the anime depictions of such an event that I've seen pale in comparison. By far weirder than anything I've seen in Korea so far by a factor of 500. Full AAR once I get home from work.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Met up with HMB yesterday. More to come on this later as well as the crazy school festival.

1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

BOB and Tim walk into a bar.

Ouch.  :pinch:

This makes Tim the only Languishite to have met me. You should all be jealous.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

He's the same in real life as on here huh?  :hug:
:p
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

HMB is on report for having rabidly libertarian friends.  :mad:

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.