News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PBEM] Brotherhood & Unity

Started by bogh, March 16, 2021, 07:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogh

The Serbs inflict severe losses on the sole brigade in Zavidovici, reducing it while taking no losses. Since there was only one step loss, there is no retreat or advance, so Zavidovici holds but looks flimsy.

To Tamas for his turn.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: bogh on March 23, 2021, 08:55:12 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2021, 08:33:31 AM
Good luck Franjo Tamasman

:mad:

Looks like the croats have been courting the international community...

Habbaku

The bombs falling on my head certainly support that conclusion.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Following some more NATO airstrikes on Serbs, Croats launch a Rapid Advance into Krajina, advancing up the western border of Bosnia and repositioning for an attack on Mrkonic Grad, trying to take advantage of the recent airtstrikes. Habs to resolve combat.

Habbaku

I'm not at a PC with Vassal, but if you take a screenshot I can tell you whether I'll play a CC there or not.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Ah yes, meant to take a screenshot anyhow:

Combat is at Mrkonic Grad (with 2 units attacking).

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

My gamble on 70% success chance did NOT pay off. No losses to either side, Bosniaks are up. Too bad, it would have been a nice offensive.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

NATO bombardments continued against Serb forces in Vogosca (the Serbian held key space in Sarajevo) and Vares, reducing brigades in both spaces.

A Bosniak brigade moved from Visoko to cut off supply again to Serbian forces in Sarajevo by closing the northern route into the city. Another of the bridges in Visoko moved to Kiseljak, relieving our Croat "allies" and taking control of the town.

Taking advantage of the heavy pressure on Serbian forces elsewhere, entrenchment in Srebrenica and Gorazde was started.

Map after third card play from all sides:

bogh

Overall, I'd say the Serbian position is precarious, needing to both reopen supply into Sarajevo, reduce international pressure and attempt to exploit their initial strength and momentum. As the rest of us run out of cards (me especially, since I used an extra card as a response), Habs will have a few turns to himself - so he may not be in too much trouble. The Croats are cruising along and they are probably coming out on top, though the Bosniaks are a decent shape despite the initial beating.

Habbaku

Quote from: bogh on March 23, 2021, 02:53:12 PM
A Bosniak brigade moved from Visoko to cut off supply again to Serbian forces in Sarajevo by closing the northern route into the city.

This is pretty clearly a silly error on my part. There are two spaces that lead to the "1" area in Sarajevo, but only one elsewhere. I figured by moving the brigades north that they'd lock the supply line open, but now it seems like I'll have very little chance of actually getting them back in supply.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Actually are we certain Serbs get NATO-pounded on Bosnia turn as well? I think only the player after the NATO-disliked one gets to bomb them.