News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PBEM] Brotherhood & Unity

Started by bogh, March 16, 2021, 07:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogh

Bosniaks suffer a crushing defeat in Travnik, with their army outright eliminated (and no losses for the Croats).

So much for the Croat "Allies" coming to our assistance! Surely, the International community will put an end to this!

bogh

The Bosniaks spent their turn replacing their losses. I am back up to full strength, but it cost me a 4 card and I lost plenty of board position.

Board state after round 1:

Habbaku

The Serbs Rapidly Advance near Tuzla and begin shelling the outskirts of Srebrenica.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Srebrenica is a stalemate, with no real losses on either side.

While the world was spared the horror of Srebrenica massacres, the Bosniaks and their American PR-consultancy (Ruder Finn) has proven adept at drawing global media coverage to the Serbian advances in the North East of the country. I played a response card to drop foreign attitude towards the Serbs by one for each Bosniak space taken in the round - bringing Habs to -5 FA. NATO will start bombing his forces as a result.

Tamas

Quote from: bogh on March 20, 2021, 05:36:37 AM
Srebrenica is a stalemate, with no real losses on either side.

While the world was spared the horror of Srebrenica massacres, the Bosniaks and their American PR-consultancy (Ruder Finn) has proven adept at drawing global media coverage to the Serbian advances in the North East of the country. I played a response card to drop foreign attitude towards the Serbs by one for each Bosniak space taken in the round - bringing Habs to -5 FA. NATO will start bombing his forces as a result.

:pinch: I guess he can still take a diplo action to increase his FA back.

Meanwhile, the Serbian forces massing at the NE tip of Bosnia against the Croatian town of Rosanski Brod suffer considerable losses as a Croatian Incursion (event card) from across the border north of them flips two of their units. Bogh is up.

bogh

Tamas, did you see my messages on Discord? You need to resolve a couple of air strikes - but I guess I can do it if you missed it?

Tamas

Missed it sorry, unfortunately (to Habs) you are right.

So, this would not have changed my card play, as the event I played required full strength units within 2 spaces of a CRO space, meaning the one I hit was the only worthwhile target of it, so I am going to do the airstrikes (yours and mine) with my event card result already in place. But, if Habbaku wants I am happy to have my event strikes rerolled on the same targets.

Tamas

Posted results. 3 out of 4 targeted Serbian units reduced, the one in the mountain space of Glamoc at the south west continues its lucky rolls and escapes NATO strikes intact. Bosniaks are up.

bogh

NATO keeps pounding the internationally vilified Serbs. Two armies in Tuzla are reduced by airstrikes.

Bosniak forces seize Konjic unopposed and formally take control of Sjev. Hercegovina, while forces in Gorazde attempt an attack against Sokolac which was weakened by NATO airstrikes previously, attempting to disrupt Serbian supply lines into Sarajevo.

Situation before attack on Sokolac gets resolved:

Habbaku

These crimes against the Serbian army must abate. See why we attack so aggressively? The world is out to get us! etc.

Bosniak attack successfully destroys the brigade. Advance?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Yes, just one army. Does that put the Serbs besieging Sarajevo out of supply?

bogh

Habbaku

Quote from: bogh on March 20, 2021, 03:00:47 PM
Yes, just one army. Does that put the Serbs besieging Sarajevo out of supply?

Yes, but they won't feel the effects for a bit. They have a few rounds before they all become properly out of supply.

I'll have to get my turn tomorrow evening, I think. Probably something boring like trying not to be bombed.  :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Cool.

I actually had a couple of friends over last night and played most of a full game (we had a couple of cards left in turn 4 when calling it quits). Bosniaks would likely have won it, as they managed to secure Sarajevo and push back into Serb-held territory, while the Bihac pocket never fell. Croats managed to take Trebinje (using foreign Croat forces) and Mostar, but were boxed in the central and Western regions. None of us collapsed, but the Serbs (played by yours truly) clearly overreached in the beginning and then got stuck with extended front lines and lots of troops out of place. Obviously we made plenty of fumbles with the rules and blunders aplenty, but overall it was a cool experience.

Habbaku

The Serbs quickly move to the relief of their temporarily-disadvantaged forces in Sarajevo and maneuver some brigades from the Bosnian enclave to link up with their brethren near the Croatian border. NATO planes are overhead, but hopefully are absent for the ensuing spoiling attack on Zavidovici.

-J. R. R. Tolkien