News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PBEM] Brotherhood & Unity

Started by bogh, March 16, 2021, 07:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Good game! I have no doubts a replay would be much closer considering the lop-sidedness of the Serb early game.

I also ran a pretty high-risk, high-reward campaign at the beginning as I didn't realize just how likely it was that the Bosniaks might draw another -FA card and play on me to seal a victory. That would have been embarrassing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Yeah, deck familiarity will make a big difference, as will a better understanding of game score / status. I feel Tamas got locked out of the action somewhat (or maybe I just missed a lot of it). Definitely lots of mistakes made on all sides.

I wish the score wasn't quite as convoluted and the classic three way king maker issue sure is there, but I really do like a lot of what it does, even setting apart the theme. Looking forward to my next play of it.

Tamas

It was fun, thanks both! :cheers:

I "stayed out of the action" on purpose. One big mistake I made was not realising that non-objective areas also yield VPs. I would had (and perhaps could had) tried to push further if I knew.

Habbaku

I'm happy to rotate powers and go again if you guys are. I'll most likely be a bit faster this time as a few of my other PBEM games have ended over the span of this.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

I'd be up for another round of it. Still some learning and exploring to do I think.

Tamas

bogh

Sweet. I'll setup a new Airtable base. Preferences for sides?

Tamas

Quote from: bogh on May 27, 2021, 01:05:59 AM
Sweet. I'll setup a new Airtable base. Preferences for sides?

I don't mind either side.

Syt

Does the game keep track how many civilians were killed or displaced? :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on May 27, 2021, 02:00:33 AM
Does the game keep track how many civilians were killed or displaced? :)

No, it's sort of implied - the more cities/important towns you conquer the less the international community tolerate you

bogh

So - how about I grab the Croats, Habs the Bosniaks and Tamas the Serbs?

Is there any outside interest in following it? Happy to post maps and status from time to time in a new dedicated thread, but I won't bother if nobody cares!

Habbaku

Punching Bags for me sounds good. Let's see if I can avoid the worst and preserve some semblance of an army...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

bogh

Cool. I've setup "Game 2" inside Airtable, so Tamas can go ahead and start it off (reinforcements and card draw).