COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

crazy canuck

BC just announced that as of today, my age cohort can get their vaccine - now waiting for the text to tell me where to go - I already have my confirmation number.  :yeah:

By next Monday we will be vaccinating those born 1981 or earlier - there must have been an increase in supply.  This is going faster than previously anticipated.   :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Valmy

Quote from: fromtia on April 12, 2021, 09:50:02 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 11, 2021, 07:35:12 PM

Formtia, interesting first hand evidence; I've not encountered anyone spouting these 'folk tales', but then I'm not seeing many people and am actively avoiding all people I think might be anti-vaccination.  :)

The levels of vaccine hesitancy/conspiracy and covid denial are high here in the US among Republicans. I don't think it's a thing to the same extent in the UK.

Which is bizarre because I always thought that anti-medicine anti-public health shit was mainly from leftwing hippies who see evil in all of big pharma's designs. Vile "western medicine" that should be rejected. But I guess conservatives decided that they should adopt hippy ideas. The world makes no sense.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2021, 01:36:43 AM
Which is bizarre because I always thought that anti-medicine anti-public health shit was mainly from leftwing hippies who see evil in all of big pharma's designs. Vile "western medicine" that should be rejected. But I guess conservatives decided that they should adopt hippy ideas. The world makes no sense.
Well also the articles someone posted recently about the growing split between Republicans and corporate America.
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Got my second vac shot last Friday and was just feeling a bit flushed Friday night. Saturday I was a bit light headed, felt like I had a low fever but thermometer didn't show that. I was tired and a bit "off" all day. Felt better Sunday but was tired. I took Monday off from work to rest up from the weekend. I feel fine now though.

DGuller

It was about the same for me.  The next day after the second dose, I had a slight headache, malaise, and felt like I had a fever but thermometer didn't show it.  I think it all cleared up after a day.

KRonn

Yeah, the malaise is what I felt also, like no ambition to do anything.

HisMajestyBOB

Got my first shot of Pfizer today! No major side effects. Just a feeling of being a bit tired, as well as a newfound undying love of our lizard people overlords.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

KRonn

I got the Moderna vaccine and the first shot didn't seem to affect me at all either. But from people I knew who had gotten both shots I was expecting the second one to have some effect, which it did as I posted. Wasn't too bad though.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

So last week, the first day I was eligible, I booked online with the big government vaccine website.  The earliest they could give me was 2 weeks down the road - April 23.  I also left my name with a local pharmacy - but they just said "we'll call you".

So they called today.  I was excited - I figured they were telling me to get my butt down to the pharmacy.  But no, they wanted to set up an appointment - for April 24.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2021, 04:12:02 PM
So last week, the first day I was eligible, I booked online with the big government vaccine website.  The earliest they could give me was 2 weeks down the road - April 23.  I also left my name with a local pharmacy - but they just said "we'll call you".

So they called today.  I was excited - I figured they were telling me to get my butt down to the pharmacy.  But no, they wanted to set up an appointment - for April 24.

:(

Well, at least you've gotten appointments. Not everyone has gotten that far.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on April 14, 2021, 05:14:52 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2021, 04:12:02 PM

:(

Well, at least you've gotten appointments. Not everyone has gotten that far.

I know - for Canada I'm doing well.  Most people I know haven't received it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I've had both of mine and yesterday was two weeks beyond my second one.  Am I: also invincible.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

The government is exploring letting people sign up to use the AZ vaccine but "doesn't expect it to be a popular option". I think they vastly underestimate our need for things to return as fast as possible to something resembling normality.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk