COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Siege could have told us more.  That's really his department.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Got my booster yesterday. So far just a mild fever and discomfort, not as much of a kick as the second shot.

Threviel

Got my Moderna booster yesterday, today the arm and armpit hurts a lot. My wife, who also got hers yesterday, has a slight fever and is tired.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 13, 2022, 09:44:02 PM
He's clearly bilingual. He still may have been raised in a monolingual French household.
I guess what I meant to say was, I thought GF has fluently spoken both languages his whole life, kind of like my Chinese friends who learned both Cantonese and English from birth, basically.

GF, you fooled me with your excellent command of English. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Got my booster shot yesterday (3 x Moderna) and it kicked my ass. Very sore arms, muscle aches, and teeth-chattering chills. This morning I'm sore and low energy. Taking the day off work to feel sorry for myself.

The Larch

My Moderna booster last week also gave me a pretty bad time, with those same symptoms. Took me 3 days to get back in shape.

Josquius

Had my booster yesterday afternoon . Moderna.
And.... I feel pretty OK. Especially next to the 2nd Pfizer.
Very slight sore arm coming on this evening, been tired (perhaps not due to it) and a bit head achy but... Nothing too bad.
Was ditch digging just fine this morning.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Jacob on January 18, 2022, 11:32:18 AM
Got my booster shot yesterday (3 x Moderna) and it kicked my ass. Very sore arms, muscle aches, and teeth-chattering chills. This morning I'm sore and low energy. Taking the day off work to feel sorry for myself.

That was me after Moderna #3. Felt like crap the day after, woke up in the night with shivers and chills, ran a fever for 36 hours.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

A cousin, unrelated to the anti vaxer though a known bullshitter and believer of nonsense, albeit I suspect much of it is a front.... Seems to have gotten an actual vaccine injury from the booster if such a thing is remotely possible.
The needle apparently went in at just the wrong place and fucked with a nerve wrecking his arm.
No idea how true this is. Very possible he coincidentally also pulled it at around the same time. Though it does sound like something that could happen. Could it?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on February 27, 2022, 01:44:08 PM
A cousin, unrelated to the anti vaxer though a known bullshitter and believer of nonsense, albeit I suspect much of it is a front.... Seems to have gotten an actual vaccine injury from the booster if such a thing is remotely possible.
The needle apparently went in at just the wrong place and fucked with a nerve wrecking his arm.
No idea how true this is. Very possible he coincidentally also pulled it at around the same time. Though it does sound like something that could happen. Could it?

A needle hitting a nerve partially disabling your arm? Colour me sceptical.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on February 27, 2022, 01:44:08 PMA cousin, unrelated to the anti vaxer though a known bullshitter and believer of nonsense, albeit I suspect much of it is a front.... Seems to have gotten an actual vaccine injury from the booster if such a thing is remotely possible.

Not possible from the needle itself, unless this is a unique human with no muscle tissue in their shoulder and in the place of that tissue some kind of odd nerve structure.