News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Maladict

Third Pfizer went down a lot better than second Pfizer.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on January 11, 2022, 08:08:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 11, 2022, 08:03:20 AM
No wildness like Uber driver who told us moderna would make us dead for two days.
:unsure:  :pope:

And then on the third day, when it was still dark, garbon's husband went to his tomb and saw the stone had been removed from its entrance. "They have taken garbon out of his tomb, and I don't know where they have put him!"  He then stood outside the tomb crying and then turned around and saw garbon but did not know it was garbon. Garbon then asked him "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?"

What a sweet moment that would have been.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Black Jesus!

Depending on whose account you believe, drive actually said Modern or said Madonna. :tinfoil:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

I swear that before the internet cabbes were the largest vector for misinformation. So this makes sense.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Gaijin de Moscu on January 08, 2022, 02:40:23 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 08, 2022, 02:29:06 PM

Probably just a correlation.  Orthodox Christian countries tend to be Eastern European countries, and a sense of fatalism is probably one of the most pernicious universal traits there.  So is the wide acceptance of all conspiracy theories, to show that you're smarter than to trust the government.

Yep, this could be true. I hardly open the Russian-language forums these days — I'm out of patience for the endless conspiracies.

Even educated professionals are sending me "articles" about Mr. Gates scheming to reduce the world's population with vaccines... exasperating.

The bill Gates stuff is just bizzare.
A person I know and happened to be Facebook friends with had a thread on whether they should get the vaccine or not. One of their friends posted a bunch of silly stuff why not. I mocked this by joking about how what they said was on a par with Bill Gates implanting chips via the vaccines.... The response - if you think bill Gates is innocent you're deluded.
It seems to be just an article of faith with these people that gates is bad. Really curious how it got there.
██████
██████
██████

saskganesh

Quote from: Tyr on January 11, 2022, 06:13:35 PM

Really curious how it got there.

Windows.  It changed your life. But it promises so much, and now you are dependent on it, and it often frustrates. It's an unhappy relationship that is now three decades old with no real escape.

It's not like people are in love with Zuttenberg and Bezos either. They are just the new kids in the technoaristocracy.

humans were created in their own image

Josquius

Quote from: saskganesh on January 11, 2022, 06:30:27 PM

Really curious how it got there.

Windows.  It changed your life. But it promises so much, and now you are dependent on it, and it often frustrates. It's an unhappy relationship that is now three decades old with no real escape.

It's not like people are in love with Zuttenberg and Bezos either. They are just the new kids in the technoaristocracy.

I don't think it's just that. 20+ years ago there was a lot of dislike for Gates around Microsofts business practices et al.
But this stuff with him planting chips in brains and everything seems to have just come with his more recent charity efforts.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

The weird thing is, I think it's his ex wife Melinda driving all of that.  I don't think Gates himself cared that much, but realized it was good for his public image.  But these nutjobs don't scream about Melinda Gates a lot, do they?  It's just Bill.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

You're giving these folks too much credit Squeeze.  Remember they also think the DNC is running a pedo sex ring out of a suburban Maryland pizza joint.

Gaijin de Moscu

A person I know and happened to be Facebook friends with had a thread on whether they should get the vaccine or not. One of their friends posted a bunch of silly stuff why not. I mocked this by joking about how what they said was on a par with Bill Gates implanting chips via the vaccines.... The response - if you think bill Gates is innocent you're deluded.
It seems to be just an article of faith with these people that gates is bad. Really curious how it got there.

In my case, it was my ex-girlfriend from 30 years ago. In an urge to care for me, as we're still good friends, she sent me a link to the Gates's speech, asking me to not get vaccinated.

Apparently, this particular conspiracy theory goes back to his "Innovating to Zero" TedTalk, where he said, among other things, "The world today has 6.8 billion people. That's headed up to about nine billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by, perhaps, 10 or 15 percent."

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates_innovating_to_zero/transcript?language=en#t-282620

Some people took the speech title to mean innovating to zero population, and his reference to vaccines as the tool to get there.

The Larch

Just received my booster, I got Moderna this time, after having received Pfizer for the two previous shots.

celedhring

I'm getting mine this Saturday - I planned on spending Sunday in bed  :lol:

mongers

Quote from: Gaijin de Moscu on January 12, 2022, 04:25:48 AM
In my case, it was my ex-girlfriend from 30 years ago. In an urge to care for me, as we're still good friends, she sent me a link to the Gates's speech, asking me to not get vaccinated.

Apparently, this particular conspiracy theory goes back to his "Innovating to Zero" TedTalk, where he said, among other things, "The world today has 6.8 billion people. That's headed up to about nine billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by, perhaps, 10 or 15 percent."

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates_innovating_to_zero/transcript?language=en#t-282620

Some people took the speech title to mean innovating to zero population, and his reference to vaccines as the tool to get there.

Thanks, did know that.

I guess that makes some sort of sense, a deliberate or very stupid misinterpretation by those people of what Gates was saying, could lead them to those 'facts' as they say.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Shows how they think like children.

"with my doom laser I shall destroy the world Mwa ha ha" - when I was a kid this seemed a perfectly legitimate thing for a baddy to be doing.
Only with age did I come to think "wait. Doesn't he live in the world? What's in it for him?"
██████
██████
██████

Gaijin de Moscu

Yes, the direct quote could be confusing/counter-intuitive. You need to understand the context of his entire speech to get why he's mentioning vaccines and health care whilst talking about lowering the rate of population growth.

As is, the quote is almost perfect and custom-made for the antivax crowd.