COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Tamas

I am feeling it a bit in my shoulder when putting weight on it, then again I think it's just the needle wound, the guy was an even bigger butcher than the one who did the first.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2021, 03:03:43 PM
Do y'all not get seasonal flu shots? 

It's the same needle and the same amount of pain but for many this is clearly a brand new experience.

I never did. I was always in the "it's not a big deal, I have a good immune system and I'm too lazy to go get the shot" camp, with a little dash of "I'm all for medical science when it's necessary, but if I don't need it I forego pharmaceuticals - and I don't really need a flu shot."

... but I've had a bit of a perception shift here, so I'll be getting them moving forward.

crazy canuck

I have been getting them every year since I passed from that phase Jacob described. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 08, 2021, 02:57:07 PM
The fact that rejecting the western tradition of medicine is now a "conservative" position blows my mind. I really have a hard time grappling with it.

I wonder if all those left wing looney Democrats who I used to get anti-vaxx propaganda from now love vaccines just because conservatives now hate them.

I thought that anti-vaxx was left as well, but it seems it was mostly a right-wing from the start.  That really surprised me.  I thought it was some sort of hippie-my-body-is-a-temple thing.  There is some of that but it is more prevalent on the right.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

It's the same needle and the same amount of pain but for many this is clearly a brand new experience.

I used to when my kids were smaller but one year it triggered my allergies for longer than actual flu would be so I've stopped.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 08, 2021, 10:15:29 PM

I used to when my kids were smaller but one year it triggered my allergies for longer than actual flu would be so I've stopped.

Yeah not everybody can take one. But if the rest of us do it will protect people like you!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Threviel

Got my shot booked, will be getting it on June 24th.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on June 07, 2021, 11:23:58 AM
Quote from: celedhring on June 07, 2021, 09:56:06 AM
Not yet, but I hope to get it this month. I'm 42 and they have just started vaccinating over 45s.

Same, except I'm 41.  :P

Get off my lawn!

merithyn

Nope. I haven't had the flu in 30+ years. Now that I'm full-time wfh, I see no reason to add it to the rotation.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Iormlund

I've had the flu shot for the last couple of years. It's recommended by my doc and I can get it while on the clock (we have medical staff on payroll), so I really can't see the downside.

As for Covid, appointments for my age bracket were finally open today.  :)

Tamas

I had the flu shot once, many years ago. Didn't even notice when the needle went in.

These two AZ shots though I MOST definitely felt. It wasn't anything tragic, but quite a sharp pain. Could be because it was volunteers and not a trained nurse of course, and it's far from being a big deal. It's very little to pay to become protected from a pandemic.

viper37

I get it most years.  It's the same needle, but definately the same amount of pain for me.  I could get a sore arm for 30 min to 2hrs with a flu shot (not always, I think it happened only the first time), not being unable to sleep on this side for 2 days.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

I started getting flu shots several years ago when it clicked with me that my flu could kill someone else, and that I may even be aware that it did and thus have it on my conscience for the rest of my life.

celedhring

Finally got an appointment for getting my shot tomorrow.

Dunno what I'm getting.

Legbiter

There are only very minor control measures formally in place here yet no one is coming in off the street with covid. Plenty of dumbass unvaccinated travelers getting diagnosed while in quarantine though. They're probably getting infected by other travelers while in the cattle car indoor transit situations while en route to Iceland  Locally the vaccines, even if people have only had one jab are definitely breaking transmission chains. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.