News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Barrister

Alberta is opening up the Pfizer shot to everyone age 12+.  Apparently Health Canada guidance came out this morning approving use in teens.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

Got my second shot. I've felt like shit, but that is kind of normal for me. my arm doesn't hurt nearly like it did the first time around, at least. 
PDH!

Duque de Bragança

Second shot of Pfizer-Biontech for my parents today.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 05, 2021, 03:57:25 PM
Got my second shot. I've felt like shit, but that is kind of normal for me. my arm doesn't hurt nearly like it did the first time around, at least.
Same for me - my arm hurt more with the first shot but I also felt sick after the second one.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

My dad got his 1st AZ dose yesterday, no significant secondary effects. He'll get the 2nd dose in 3 months.

Syt

Well, after prodding from friends and colleagues, I've updated my registration saying I'm in a risk group (BMI >30).

Reason I didn't do this earlier was
a) feeling other people likely needed the shots more urgently than me
b) being too proud to admit to it

I called for a date, but they say I will be contacted automatically when new contingents become available "soon-ish" and low key chiding me for not registering correctly from the start, because almost all risk persons in their system have had at least one shot. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Got my first one today. :w00t: Got a bit ahead of the line on it, because I'm working at the upcoming municipal elections this month.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on May 07, 2021, 04:14:51 AM
Well, after prodding from friends and colleagues, I've updated my registration saying I'm in a risk group (BMI >30).

Reason I didn't do this earlier was
a) feeling other people likely needed the shots more urgently than me
b) being too proud to admit to it

I called for a date, but they say I will be contacted automatically when new contingents become available "soon-ish" and low key chiding me for not registering correctly from the start, because almost all risk persons in their system have had at least one shot. -_-

I'm surprised at a few things.

Our own 'BMI gives you early vaccine access' is 40.  So I'm surprised yours is 30, because I kind-of assumed most Texans would be over 30. -_-

I also thought that Texas would be at the point where everyone who wanted a first shot would have had one by now.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

:lol:

Also, the federal recommendation is that BMI >40 is risk group, but Vienna has them in high risk group, and 30+ BMI in "normal" risk group.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.