News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PBEM] Stellar Languish

Started by Tamas, February 20, 2021, 01:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

The Japanese launch the orbiters Nomura and Nakamura in a mission to respectively orbit Mars and Venus. Meanwhile, the flyby Kosai is launched towards Mars, with the intention of photographing the red planet before moving towards the asteroid belt.

Fortunately, no incidents have been recorded this time.

Tamas

Tamas

Ok we are getting back up to speed, skipped Waag waiting if he is staying with the game or not, and we have been moving the constructed stuff to places.

Next one up is Russia to conclude the movement phase and move is into the Exploration phase (yay!).

Tamas

North American exploration sees their Venus probe lost for no result, their Mars crewed vehicle achieving a Depletion breakthrough but finding no useful resources (World Card draw was not applicable). CV also got Reserved, with the astronauts running out of supplies.

Habbaku

Russia explored THE FUCKING MOON a little bit and unfortunately found that its crews are weakling girly men who are not fit to eat the space kibble we give them.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

The Kimura successfully explored Titan and discovered some of the secrets hidden in its icy surface (which means we get a world card played in it). Successful topography of Titan's ice layers was one the goals of the Japanese space program for the decade, which means we completed a mission.

(that's provided I didn't misread any rule while doing the turn)

grumbler

The Africa/South America space agency reported that the Rover Humbolt burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp when trying to explore Mars.  Flyby Caldeira found life signs on Europa.  Flyby Gleiser took some very useful photos in the Kuiper Belt.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Fixed the move.  Turns out that I didn't discover life on Europa (misread the rule).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on April 13, 2021, 08:47:27 PM
Fixed the move.  Turns out that I didn't discover life on Europa (misread the rule).

But...but...the rules are so clear and well written! How could that be?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Earth's orbit is beginning to build up with Russians expanding their base with a faciltiy and China constructing a base of their own.

Which brings us to... Turn 3! It is time to build in reverse initiative order, so we are back to grumbler.

Tamas

Waag, as the map is becoming busy,  and we are moving on, I will remove your pieces when the build phase comes to me. :( Let us know if you want to continue instead.

grumbler

Africa South America buys 1 orbiter, one flyby, and 2x LV1.

Next is the special phase in which Tamas tells me how I fucked up this move!  :lol:

Otherwise, on to Japan.

Bayraktar!

celedhring

Japan doesn't build anything this turn.

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on April 15, 2021, 10:43:54 AM
Africa South America buys 1 orbiter, one flyby, and 2x LV1.

Next is the special phase in which Tamas tells me how I fucked up this move!  :lol:

Otherwise, on to Japan.

Well, actually... your move was perfectly fine! :P

We are skipping Asia (Waag is absent so will be removed), China has only $1B left, so Russia is up.

Habbaku

Russia built a fancy rover and probe for its SUPER SECRET MISSION.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien