News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PBEM] Stellar Languish

Started by Tamas, February 20, 2021, 01:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

CC, the World Card needs to be checked if it can be applied on the world in question, and if yes, the player has the option to either apply it (leave it on/next to the world) or put it back to the draw pile.

I cannot reveal the World Card on your player sheet, could you drag it to the map next to where you explored please and flip it over? I can take over from there if you wish, but basically Dione-Rhea where you explored is an "Icy Rocky Moon". If any of these 3 words are on the World Card, you can apply it to Dione-Rhea (there is little reason at this stage not to). If none of these words are on the World Card you send it back to the deck with a right-click.

If there is already a World Card on a World when a Depletion happens, the old WC can be replaced by the new WC drawn, but there can only be 1 WC on a world.

For depleting the exploration value of the World by one, the Vassal module is actually neatly set up - right-click the grey "Explore 6" value at the World and choose decrease value.

Also, next time please click "begin logfile" in the File menu before starting doing anything, so we get to see a replay.

Tamas

CC still has OneDrive troubles, so I have uploaded his save file with the World Card placed.

Also there is now replay file 006 containing my clean-up of placing the World Card next to the Word and decreasing the exploration value.

Next is Berkut as China. Don't forget: apart from the CV in Moon orbit you can also risk your Flyby at Mercury by exploring with -1 for being in the 1 Transfer Box.

Tamas

Alright guys, let's try and push through the first run everyone doing their own Exploration, to learn the game and how to use the module.

Later on we can just post our intentions here for Habbaku to take care of it in Vassal.

celedhring

Come on guys, I want to take a turn and thoroughly fumble it  :P

Berkut

Sorry this is all me - I've been just swamped between work and trying to take care of my sister and nephew. I keep trying to get to the rules to read through the sections I need to make a sane decision. I will get to it by the weekend at the latest.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2021, 10:00:53 AM
Sorry this is all me - I've been just swamped between work and trying to take care of my sister and nephew. I keep trying to get to the rules to read through the sections I need to make a sane decision. I will get to it by the weekend at the latest.

My recommendation is to take a good read through, everything is connected in some way.

Quote from: celedhring on March 11, 2021, 04:36:36 AM
Come on guys, I want to take a turn and thoroughly fumble it  :P

You are going to have to do quite a lot to fumble it as bad as I did  :D

Tamas

The rulebook is a bit weirdly organised for sure.

Habbaku

Yes, and the conversational style of rules doesn't help either. I never understand why people write rules this way, except that it's probably easier for them.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Darth Wagtaros

gh. Sorry. I'll do it tonight.
PDH!

Tamas

Perhaps the Discord channel is too distracting here, but Wag did Asia's exploration of Venus and Earth orbit with no special result but no malfunctions either, so now it's your turn Celed. I walked Wag through his turn on Discord that might help you as well.

celedhring

Yeah, I saw it. I will do my turn later today.

celedhring

Japan sees both its flyby near Mercury and its telescope orbiting Earth all get lost in space after terrible malfunction rolls. The flyby at least managed to successfully explore the planet before its demise, although no depletion was triggered.

grumbler

Africa SA explores Mars with a rover and fails to see anything at Jupiter with a flyby.  No systems failures.

Habs is up to build a base (or not) in the Trade and Base Construction Phase.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Habs let me know if you want to build that orbital base at Earth and I'll set it up, then we launch Turn 2 with Grumbler's Build Phase.

Everyone ok to commit to a 24 hours turnaround from Turn 2?