Marvel Cinematic Universe - The Marvels [Spoilers]

Started by garbon, January 30, 2021, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I only just recognised Owen Wilson when I saw his name in the credits.
Post-credit sequence wow. Multiverse ho.

I wonder if another Loki is ultimately behind it all.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Finished Falcon.

I quite liked it.
[spoiler]
Interesting that the New Captain America isn't a super soldier.
[/spoiler]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

No comments on the penultimate Loki episode?

This is just bananas.  At least a couple dozen different Lokis running around.  Of course they all immediately betray each other.  Alligator Loki really doesn't make any sense but is funny none the less.  Good to have Mobius back.  And now we just wait to find out (maybe) who really is behind this all.

Oh, and Old Loki was fun.  Including the ridiculous comic costume.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

That was the best episode so far and I really look forward to seeing how they wrap up next week.

Loki's done a lot better at entertaining me than WV and FWS almost entirely because it's so removed from the "real world" and consequences there. The actors are higher-quality too (especially Hiddleston and Di Martino), so that likely helps a lot.

These most recent two episodes had the greatest set-pieces as well. The opening shots/music of the Void, and then the illusory Asgard were perfect.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

It's fun, but ultimately forgettable. So many twists and turns make it feel like Calvinball. So far it's my least favorite Disney Marvel show (I still enjoy it).

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on July 09, 2021, 11:41:35 AM
It's fun, but ultimately forgettable. So many twists and turns make it feel like Calvinball. So far it's my least favorite Disney Marvel show (I still enjoy it).

Not sure about all the twists.  The show has been following the theme that the all is not what it seems from the beginning and dropping hints along the way. 

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on July 09, 2021, 11:41:35 AM

I will agree that although they sold all the marvel shows as being "just like a really long movie", the need to try and fit a big twist at the end of every episode is sometimes frustrating.

But I am enjoying this much more than FATWS, probably on par with Wandavision (though I liked that show less once then got out of TV-mode and into the normal world).

celedhring

Yeah, Wandavision kinda dropped the ball by the end, but it remains my favorite. I think it was a better mix of bizarreness and poignancy than Loki. I feel like Loki just tries too hard. Again, I still enjoy it.

Barrister

Speaking of the MCU - Black Widow comes out this weekend.  Getting good reviews.

If I weren't going camping I might be tempted to go see it in the theatre.

celedhring

Last time I was in a theater it was a year ago to watch Tenet, so I'm certainly going to this one next week.

Barrister

Oh - also coming is the next Marvel TV series - "What if..."  Probably shortly after Loki is done.  Disney+ has done a good job of always having new content to justify your monthly subscription.

It's animated this time, but voiced by all the original Marvel actors.  Apparently 10 episodes, with season 2 already confirmed.

From the trailer we can see Tony Stark at the very start of Ironman 1 - being rescued by Kilmonger.  We can see T'Challa as Star-Lord, Peggy Carter as Captain America, and.... Howard the Duck?

I imagine this will just be fluff, but could be enjoyable fluff.

Darth Wagtaros

I like Alligator Loki.  And Mobius talking about never having pruned an Alligator Loki.  And Classic Loki being like the Earth-616 OG Loki in the costume.

So, Kang the Conqueror?  He'd be the type to have established the TVA to make sure his creation and victory is unavoidable.  Especially given his occasional battles with other Kang the Conqueror's
PDH!

Barrister

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 09, 2021, 12:51:16 PM
I like Alligator Loki.  And Mobius talking about never having pruned an Alligator Loki.  And Classic Loki being like the Earth-616 OG Loki in the costume.

So, Kang the Conqueror?  He'd be the type to have established the TVA to make sure his creation and victory is unavoidable.  Especially given his occasional battles with other Kang the Conqueror's

So to my surprise I've become a MCU fan, but I've never read any of the comics (to the very minor extent I read comics as a kid / young adult, I was a DC guy).

But the online speculation has most commonly been pointed to Kang, who is set to be a major character in Ant Man 3: Quantummania.  So it's certainly possible.

But then again the online speculation was also quite certain the villain of Wandavision would be Mephisto, when it turned out to be - Wanda herself.  So I wouldn't put it past them to make another Loki variant as the Big Bad in this one.