Marvel Cinematic Universe - The Marvels [Spoilers]

Started by garbon, January 30, 2021, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Interesting they skipped the 90s and went straight for malcolm in the middle.

Does seem they're going for super powered rambeau

Good episode
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

First episode where the based sitcom fills me with nostalgia.

Those were the days.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

She killed the dog. She must suffer.

I laughed a lot at that episode. Loved the pitch changed office theme tune. Interesting vision wasn't mentioned at all there. And he didn't think to just fly sooner.
I got something was shifty with Agnes a bit earlier when the kid said she was quiet but how come Vision didn't notice this in the prior episode.

And this is the first with an after credit scene right? The 8 minute long credits of Disney shows anger me.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

I have forced my boys to watch the credits after each show.  I feel exonerated.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on February 20, 2021, 04:21:43 AM
And this is the first with an after credit scene right? The 8 minute long credits of Disney shows anger me.

Well, in this case the show doesn't have opening credits (the mock-sitcom ones are in-universe and don't credit anyone) so they have to list everybody in the end credits, which makes them longer.

celedhring

Incidentally, I can't get "It was Agatha all along" out of my brain, it's an evil earworm.  :D

Barrister

celedhring

I thought the Sokovia scenes were rather cringeworthy, but once they move to her as an adult it became much better.

So as I understand it, in the end it wasn't really Agatha all along (:cry:), it was all Wanda's creation and Agatha's just trying to discover how she did it.

Josquius

Yes. Definite cringe in the "No papa English!". Hate it when shows do that.
And they're watching dvds of old shows.... Ehh.... A more logical explanation would be that they just didn't have satellite TV and had to rely on local broadcasters which show a lot of old stuff?

I didn't get the Agatha flashback either. So... She sucks people's life force? This is to show she is really bad? But... Towards the end it seems she is trying to save the world?

Also didn't get the vision corpse flashback. So Wanda didn't steal it after all? Where did the deed to the property come from - all I've read suggests it was visions doing.... But why that random empty plot in a random shitty town?
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 01, 2021, 12:16:47 PM
How was Agatha trying to save the world?
At the end she said stuff about Wanda having very dangerous chaos magic that could unmake the world.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on March 01, 2021, 12:28:36 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 01, 2021, 12:16:47 PM
How was Agatha trying to save the world?
At the end she said stuff about Wanda having very dangerous chaos magic that could unmake the world.

I thought that was envy.

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on March 01, 2021, 12:28:36 PM

I feel like there's still a mystery or two left with Agatha.  Why did she just so happen to be in Westview when Wanda made the Hex?  Was she responsible for bringing Wanda there in the first place?  And will Ralph ever make an appearance?