Marvel Cinematic Universe - The Marvels [Spoilers]

Started by garbon, January 30, 2021, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Oh yeah it did get mentioned in a very not important line that also namechecked Hitler, Nero and Pol Pot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2022, 04:17:31 AMI liked the first episode of Moon Knight. I enjoy how the tv shows can be a little more experimental than the films.

Still weird to think that this character got its own show. I only know of Moon Knight from when I was a kid and excited to get a comic of a character that had a connection with Ancient Egypt. :blush:
Marvel scrapes the barrel ever more.
And I thought it was weird when they made a Thor movie.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on April 02, 2022, 05:28:29 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2022, 04:17:31 AMI liked the first episode of Moon Knight. I enjoy how the tv shows can be a little more experimental than the films.

Still weird to think that this character got its own show. I only know of Moon Knight from when I was a kid and excited to get a comic of a character that had a connection with Ancient Egypt. :blush:

Let's talk when any of these get a show.

https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/worst-comic-book-characters-marvel/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Gotta say episode 1 was better than I expected. Got me interested. It's certainly much better than the last time Isaac played an Egyptian-themed Marvel character.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2022, 05:31:28 AM
Quote from: Josquius on April 02, 2022, 05:28:29 AM

Let's talk when any of these get a show.

https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/worst-comic-book-characters-marvel/
I can see how leather boy might be popular on some circles :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Egyptian theme? Anyone freak out about a Latino playing the role yet?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Watched the first ep. Its interesting. I like how they have the balance between comedy and violence, the black outs then oh, beaten up guys, stuff was awesome.

Not getting however how when he transforms to this 'Marc' he suddenly has a superhero costume and an accent.

Quote from: HVC on April 02, 2022, 06:00:02 PMEgyptian theme? Anyone freak out about a Latino playing the role yet?

The director is Egyptian so I guess that helps any silly why are you denying Remi Malek a job complaints?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I've looked up a viewing guide for all movies and series in release order (I prefer watching release rather than chronological order, just personal preference). If I started watching this casually, I am unsure if I would finish before I shuffle off this mortal coil. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on April 05, 2022, 07:58:46 AMWatched the first ep. Its interesting. I like how they have the balance between comedy and violence, the black outs then oh, beaten up guys, stuff was awesome.

Not getting however how when he transforms to this 'Marc' he suddenly has a superhero costume and an accent.

Quote from: HVC on April 02, 2022, 06:00:02 PMEgyptian theme? Anyone freak out about a Latino playing the role yet?

The director is Egyptian so I guess that helps any silly why are you denying Remi Malek a job complaints?

I believe they suggested his faux-British accent is fake (part of thst alter) via the phone call he has.

The character isn't Egyptian. Wiki suggests he's actually Jewish in the comics.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on April 05, 2022, 08:12:32 AMI've looked up a viewing guide for all movies and series in release order (I prefer watching release rather than chronological order, just personal preference). If I started watching this casually, I am unsure if I would finish before I shuffle off this mortal coil. :D

We watched all the MCU films during lockdown on a casual pace. -_-

celedhring

Quote from: Josquius on April 05, 2022, 07:58:46 AMNot getting however how when he transforms to this 'Marc' he suddenly has a superhero costume and an accent.

Split personality has always been part of the character. I don't remember the narcolepsy bit, but granted I didn't read that many Moon Knight comics and it was decades ago.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2022, 08:29:53 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 05, 2022, 08:12:32 AMI've looked up a viewing guide for all movies and series in release order (I prefer watching release rather than chronological order, just personal preference). If I started watching this casually, I am unsure if I would finish before I shuffle off this mortal coil. :D

Well, the list includes the shows too - that's where it balloons considerably, esp. in recent years :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

It's a shame we don't do lockdowns anymore. :(

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on April 05, 2022, 08:48:08 AM

Well, the list includes the shows too - that's where it balloons considerably, esp. in recent years :D

Well, of the old shows, you can skip Iron Fist and Luke Cage. The Defenders is so-so, but it has some Daredevil backstory for the last season.
Of the new shows, you can skip Marvel What If.

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on April 05, 2022, 10:35:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 05, 2022, 08:48:08 AM

Well, of the old shows, you can skip Iron Fist and Luke Cage. The Defenders is so-so, but it has some Daredevil backstory for the last season.
Of the new shows, you can skip Marvel What If.

Luke Cage series 1 was good. Probably third best after Daredevil and Jessica Jones s1 (possibly Daredevil s2 too)
██████
██████
██████