Marvel Cinematic Universe - The Marvels [Spoilers]

Started by garbon, January 30, 2021, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

So, [spoiler]D'Onofrio's Kingpin[/spoiler] confirmed in last episode. Also, Florence Pugh has already stolen the show.

This is quickly becoming my favorite MCU show.

crazy canuck

I saw that on my twitter feed (which is something since it was an academic who posted it) and I realized that is just how out of touch I am with cultural mainstreams - I have no idea what that reference means.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on December 16, 2021, 11:38:53 AM
thought its not on wide release until friday?

It is out here. My colleague saw it last night and really enjoyed it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

The Hawkeye finale was incredibly fun. This show seems to have gone a bit under the radar compared to the previous Disney MCU shows, but I enjoyed it greatly. Good silly fun with likeable characters.

garbon

I've been watching it at a slower pace. While I think both the leads are fun, I still have a mental ock about how Hawkeye is one of the least interesting marvel heroes. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: celedhring on December 23, 2021, 03:27:05 AM
The Hawkeye finale was incredibly fun. This show seems to have gone a bit under the radar compared to the previous Disney MCU shows, but I enjoyed it greatly. Good silly fun with likeable characters.

Yeah. It was really good. More fun on it's on than even Wandavision. Less important to the MCU tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on December 23, 2021, 06:42:18 AM
I've been watching it at a slower pace. While I think both the leads are fun, I still have a mental ock about how Hawkeye is one of the least interesting marvel heroes. -_-

He became my favourite character after Iron Man.

He's almost deaf, he bleeds and hurts like a real person, unlike Captain America or Thor who can be thrown around and get back on their feet as if nothing happened. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Have finally watched Wandavision, Loki and have started watching "What If". Loved all three shows so far.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

So. Hawkeye.
I've finally got around to watching it.
And you know, its just not appealing at all.
I used to love street level heroes. The first series of the Netflix series were great. But my interest in them has just died for some reason in recent years.
I'm struggling through, but it isn't picking up.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

I really liked Hawkeye. Loved how jaded he was.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I saw Disney Plus has added all the Netflix marvel series.

garbon

I liked the first episode of Moon Knight. I enjoy how the tv shows can be a little more experimental than the films.

Still weird to think that this character got its own show. I only know of Moon Knight from when I was a kid and excited to get a comic of a character that had a connection with Ancient Egypt. :blush:

Syt

Apparently Turkish viewers are trying to review bomb the show because it mentioned the Armenian Genocide.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.