Marvel Cinematic Universe - The Marvels [Spoilers]

Started by garbon, January 30, 2021, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 09, 2021, 11:19:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 06, 2021, 01:47:17 PM
Okay, so I think I've seen every MCU movie, but I missed the significance of last night's Wandavision [spoiler]because I really haven't followed the X-Men movies past the original trilogy.[/spoiler]

But even before I went online after watching it was pretty good.
[spoiler]Pietro/Quicksilver is her brother in the comics and was represented in both the MCU and X-Men movies. The MCU version died in one of the movies. The one that showed up was the actor/version that was in the X-Men movies, hinting at the possible in universe merger of the properties. At least that is what I have been able to put together. I'm woefully short on MCU and X-Men movie watching and haven't seen an episode of WandaVision yet.[/spoiler]

Umm, yeah.

Afterwards I went online and saw the numerous articles that explained just that.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 09, 2021, 06:42:17 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2021, 01:21:20 PM
My mother can follow the story allright without knowing much of the MCU. The only thing I had to explain to her was that 1) Vision is supposed to be dead (and they gave that info later in the show), 2) The whole Thanos finger-snap so she understood what was going on at the hospital when Rambeau comes back.

Please explain it to me.  I was completely lost when they did the hospital scene.
Its just showing the direct after effects of the Hulks snap in Endgame movie.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

The "I haven't seen any MCU movie" version of it, which is essentially what I told mom:

1) Thanos, a supervillain, kills Vision in order to be able to complete a wish-granting artifact (he needed the gem that Vision wears in his forehead).
2) Thanos uses this artifact to remove half of the living beings in the universe, who vanish.
3) Five years later, the Avengers figure out how to reverse it, and all the missing people reappear in the exact same place where they vanished, all at once. This is what we see at the hospital.
4) In the case of Monica Rambeau, during these 5 years she missed her mother dying of cancer.

garbon

I was even more circumspect given we are still working our way through the MCU films (I've seen them all but my husband hasn't).

I told him Vision was dead after they first showed flash of him looking dead and then on hospital scene, I said just assume there was an event that caused a lot of people to disappear and then are are now all coming back.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

There's no danger of my mom watching MCU films.  :D

But she finds the supernatural mystery side of Wandavision appealing, plus all of the sitcom tributes.

Josquius

Spiderman film spoilers-

Have to say on the multiverse stuff though...
Kind of a shitty way to introduce the concept as just a con-artist making it up in the last Spiderman film. And the next Spiderman is to go all in with it apparently. So Spiderman is now the multiverse hero. Who knew.
Really hope there's some explanation as to how Mysterio found out about this stuff and people just believed him.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on February 10, 2021, 04:11:39 AM
Spiderman film spoilers-

Have to say on the multiverse stuff though...
Kind of a shitty way to introduce the concept as just a con-artist making it up in the last Spiderman film. And the next Spiderman is to go all in with it apparently. So Spiderman is now the multiverse hero. Who knew.
Really hope there's some explanation as to how Mysterio found out about this stuff and people just believed him.

Well there was  Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse that cartoon one that also had the multiverse present.

Here suggests that perhaps Doctor Strange 2 should address it. Though I don't see why it would be farfetched that he made something up that happened to be true.

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strange-2-mysterio-multiverse-plot-hole-fix/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

"Into the Spiderverse" was a fantastic film, but I believe the multiverse thingie is the ultimate "jump the shark" of comic books. It's like time travel for other genres  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on February 10, 2021, 04:21:17 AM
"Into the Spiderverse" was a fantastic film, but I believe the multiverse thingie is the ultimate "jump the shark" of comic books. It's like trime travel for other genres  :lol:

Agents of Shield had both. -_-

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on February 10, 2021, 04:21:17 AM
"Into the Spiderverse" was a fantastic film, but I believe the multiverse thingie is the ultimate "jump the shark" of comic books. It's like time travel for other genres  :lol:

Time travel is terrible when it's done poorly, but when it's done well it's great. Don't see why the multiverse can't be the same.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Spiderverse was OK as it was a bit of a side story. Took place in a universe outside the normal MCU and brought in characters from other universes too.

The multiverse does need to be introduced sooner or later as this is the only way we can have more Tony Stark, Captain America, etc... a few decades hence whilst still keeping continuity.

Looking at Garbon's link Spiderman 3 is before Strange 2. Original Spiderman actors will appear there it is said. Could be thats just a fake out and they'll play different characters? Maybe a movie version of Spiderman in universe?
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on February 10, 2021, 03:20:40 AM
The "I haven't seen any MCU movie" version of it, which is essentially what I told mom:

1) Thanos, a supervillain, kills Vision in order to be able to complete a wish-granting artifact (he needed the gem that Vision wears in his forehead).
2) Thanos uses this artifact to remove half of the living beings in the universe, who vanish.
3) Five years later, the Avengers figure out how to reverse it, and all the missing people reappear in the exact same place where they vanished, all at once. This is what we see at the hospital.
4) In the case of Monica Rambeau, during these 5 years she missed her mother dying of cancer.

Thanks, that helps a lot, especially 5 - I had no idea who she was or what she was doing in the hospital.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

She was Captain Marvel prior to Carol Danvers in comics :nerd:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son