Marvel Cinematic Universe - The Marvels [Spoilers]

Started by garbon, January 30, 2021, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Might as well have its own thread given the amount of content out there and coming. :D

I enjoyed episode 4 of Wandavision and how they had small explanations for a bunch of the mysterious bits.

Also liked the continuity characters to Captain Marvel and Thor.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Yeah, I thought that episode came at the right point in the show too. Also, pretty sure "it's all Wanda" is not the whole story of it.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2021, 04:42:16 AM
Might as well have its own thread given the amount of content out there and coming. :D

I enjoyed episode 4 of Wandavision and how they had small explanations for a bunch of the mysterious bits.

Also liked the continuity characters to Captain Marvel and Thor.

The FBI agent was apparently from Ant Man & The Wasp as well.

I really wasn't expecting this episode with quite so many mysteries to be revealed (though tons left to go).  It was my boys favourite so far since it was set in the "now".  The scene at the hospital where everyone is coming back to life was cool, if sad.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

It made sense to do it now. It seemed there would be 3 or 4 more decade by decade episodes before more of a real world one but spacing things out is more sensible
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

I think it is a combo of Wanda and Mephisto. The fact that people in that mess are aware something is deeply broken make me think Mephisto is involved.
PDH!

garbon

Okay, last try, I promise. :P

I thought this was an interesting take, is it just poking fun of the previous arrangement that lead to two alternate Quicksilvers a la the recast comment (and that bit about Wanda with no alias as Scarlet Witch isn't a MCU name) or is it actually supposed to be a real connection to an 'alternate unvierse'?  Feel like it is just the former but latter could be cool in some fashion.

https://www.polygon.com/disney-plus/2021/2/5/22267932/wandavision-episode-5-cameo-explained

QuoteWandaVision's episode 5 cameo signals the future of Marvel

A tiny moment radically changes the Cinematic Universe rules
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

For what is worth, the show in Spain is called "La Bruja Escarlata y VisiĆ³n" (Vision and the Scarlet Witch) - which is a waste of a perfectly great title in Wandavision, but hey...

The recasting joke was peak meta. Loved it. I hope they bring Magneto into the universe (and they make him their dad as in the comics).

Josquius

I do suspect it's more than a joke. A way to try and bring xmen into the MCU.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

My gf, not a MCU or comic aficionado finds the show confusing. I agree with her. Still enjoyable tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 06, 2021, 11:10:27 AM
My gf, not a MCU or comic aficionado finds the show confusing. I agree with her. Still enjoyable tho.

Oh for sure. I think it would be very confusing if not a committed MCU fan. My husband and I have been watching the MCU films in chronologically and got up to Age of Ultron so he has a bit of a base to rely on.

celedhring

My mother can follow the story allright without knowing much of the MCU. The only thing I had to explain to her was that 1) Vision is supposed to be dead (and they gave that info later in the show), 2) The whole Thanos finger-snap so she understood what was going on at the hospital when Rambeau comes back.

Barrister

Okay, so I think I've seen every MCU movie, but I missed the significance of last night's Wandavision [spoiler]because I really haven't followed the X-Men movies past the original trilogy.[/spoiler]

But even before I went online after watching it was pretty good.

Barrister

I've been watching it with my boys, who were kind of bored with the first two episodes (which were in black and white and almost pure sit-coms) but now they're fully on-board with this show.

What I like is that it's teaching them they need to pay attention to the show and the dialogue - it can't really be enjoyed on a purely superficial level of just watching the action and the explosions.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2021, 01:21:20 PM
My mother can follow the story allright without knowing much of the MCU. The only thing I had to explain to her was that 1) Vision is supposed to be dead (and they gave that info later in the show), 2) The whole Thanos finger-snap so she understood what was going on at the hospital when Rambeau comes back.

Please explain it to me.  I was completely lost when they did the hospital scene. 

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on February 06, 2021, 01:47:17 PM
Okay, so I think I've seen every MCU movie, but I missed the significance of last night's Wandavision [spoiler]because I really haven't followed the X-Men movies past the original trilogy.[/spoiler]

But even before I went online after watching it was pretty good.
[spoiler]Pietro/Quicksilver is her brother in the comics and was represented in both the MCU and X-Men movies. The MCU version died in one of the movies. The one that showed up was the actor/version that was in the X-Men movies, hinting at the possible in universe merger of the properties. At least that is what I have been able to put together. I'm woefully short on MCU and X-Men movie watching and haven't seen an episode of WandaVision yet.[/spoiler]
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."