News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

City Thread

Started by Sheilbh, January 17, 2021, 06:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on March 02, 2021, 06:27:51 AM
Both are right. People really are sick of working from home.
But at the same time they're not keen to go back to a new 5 days a week, 9 to 5 in a shitty business park on the arse end of nowhere.
Flexible offices and collaboration spaces are where its at.
Agreed. BT are calling their new 30 hubs "collaboration and knowledge spaces" not offices :lol:

And I'd like to go in and see colleagues - but if I never have to regularly commute again, I will be very happy.

Although in my experience when things were re-opening all of the people who were missing the office and wanting to go back in a few days a week were partners - which I feel says something, but I'm not sure what. I feel like in the future I'd probably actually try and coordinate with colleagues I like so we go into the office on the same day and catch a drink afterwards etc.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2021, 06:34:20 AM

Although in my experience when things were re-opening all of the people who were missing the office and wanting to go back in a few days a week were partners - which I feel says something, but I'm not sure what. I feel like in the future I'd probably actually try and coordinate with colleagues I like so we go into the office on the same day and catch a drink afterwards etc.

Best part of the office day, specially in Britain.  :bowler:

garbon

I was doing a few days a week before the pandemic so would be happy to see that again. Having a set schedule of when in and when not in, made it easy for my team to coordinate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.