Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 07, 2021, 01:49:54 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 07, 2021, 01:48:14 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 07, 2021, 01:37:02 PM
And he's already fundraising based on the lawsuit.

That's probably the primary motive.
There is no probably about it.

Trump is one of the few people who can turn a profit without getting a judgment in his favour.

Admiral Yi

What does "toxic tort" mean?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2021, 07:49:20 PM
What does "toxic tort" mean?

Think Erin Brockovich or Travolta in A Civil Action.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Isn't Ben Garrison a right wing caricaturist? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

If you're a right wing cartoonist you need to know your incredibly stupid audience.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Don't forget - in the Garrison universe windmills are evil because they don't rely on burning oil or coal. So anyone crusading against them is obviously on the side of good.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on July 08, 2021, 02:02:45 PM

Isn't Ben Garrison a right wing caricaturist? :unsure:

We thought he was, but he was big on celebrating the January 6th coup attempt so he must be a Deep State/Antifa agent.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

When I think of Ben Garrison, I think of the "plannedemic" cartoon" already shown in the FB thread in this forum:

US Alt-right would be precise, I guess.

Tonitrus

I suspect he is just simply is ignorant of DQ's plot.

Eddie Teach

Or he's simultaneously commenting on the  :menace: evil :menace: tech companies and the futility of the lawsuit.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

WAAAAAAGH!!!!

Lindsey Graham goes to war against Notre-Dame U as some students resists against Chick-fil-A encroachment on their territory ;)

Lindsey Graham Says He's Willing to 'Go to War' for Chick-Fil-A

Give me "chikin" or give me death. That's a cause Sen. Lindsey Graham is apparently willing to go to battle over. The South Carolina senator has pledged his allegiance to the Chick-fil-A flag in tweets condemning some University of Notre Dame students' resistance to the fast food chain opening a restaurant on campus.

Graham is fired up over an open letter from students and faculty at Notre Dame in which they voiced concern over campus dining's consideration to bring Chick-fil-A to their school. In a series of tweets Wednesday afternoon, Graham made it abundantly clear that he has "Chik-fil-A's back"

"I have always thought @NotreDame was one of the greatest universities in America, if not the world," Graham began, sharing a link to Fox News coverage on the controversy.

"It's disappointing to hear some ND students and faculty want to ban Chick-fil-A from doing business on campus because they disagree with the values held by the Chick-fil-A founders," the senator wrote in a follow-up tweet. "What a dangerous precedent to set."

"I want everyone in South Carolina and across America to know I have Chick fil-A's back," his final tweet read. "I hope we don't have to, but I will go to war for the principles Chick fil-A stands for. Great food. Great service. Great values. God bless Chick fil-A!"

This isn't even the first time Graham's defended the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of chicken this week. On Tuesday, he bashed New York Democrats over their attempt to block Chick-fil-A from operating in rest stops due to concerns over the company's religious-based opposition to gay marriage.

"If such a disastrous move ever came about – banning a commercial business due to them expressing their First Amendment rights – it would set a horrible precedent," the South Carolina Republican posted on Facebook. "It would also be ferociously opposed by many Members of Congress, including me."

Notre Dame students and faculty outlined their own grievances with the chain in an open letter boasting more than 180 signatures.

"There are a multitude of reasons to oppose Chick-fil-A: its anti-LGBTQ+ activism, reliance on animal agriculture, and lack of accommodations for students with special dietary needs, to name a few. Bringing Chick-fil-A to campus would run contrary to Notre Dame's commitment to inclusion and desire to create good in the world," the letter read.

Although the Georgia-based company narrowed its list of charity donations to exclude anti-LGBTQ organizations such as the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes in 2019, owner Dan Cathy has not. According to The Daily Beast, he helped bankroll the National Christian Charitable Foundation fight against the Equality Act, which aims to protect lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people from discrimination at a federal level.

Well, even if Graham's Great Chik-fil-A war is waged, at least we know the soldiers will be very polite and they won't have to fight on Sundays.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Well that is the nonsense of the culture war for you. We have Senators from South Carolina taking on Students in Indiana over a company from Georgia selling sandwiches on their campus.

Clearly something the people of South Carolina elected a Senator to deal with.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on July 16, 2021, 06:26:46 PM
Funny :D
https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/1415853853875003398

The first one (Independence Day) kinda missed, but the other two were great.

Of course, that ID speech was awful even without the dubbing.

They should have used Branagh's lines from Henry V

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That dined with us upon Walker's Crisps today.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on July 15, 2021, 08:59:18 AM
Well that is the nonsense of the culture war for you. We have Senators from South Carolina taking on Students in Indiana over a company from Georgia selling sandwiches on their campus.

Clearly something the people of South Carolina elected a Senator to deal with.

Why is Chick-fil-a a first amendment case but not Facebook?Lindsey Graham's word is meaningless these days anyway.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017