News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Legbiter on March 09, 2023, 06:59:18 PMYour biggest character flaw (aside from failing to notice this post was a drunk good-natured dunk on Sheilbhs' technocratic side), is assuming everyone who doesn't explicitly confess your Sol Invictus ideology automatically conforms to your worst fears.

Sorry man, I was attempting to engage in good natured ribbing also...

I'm actually pretty laid back on Sol Invictus IRL, but the years of baggage and the roles we've cast ourselves into over the years are apparently hard to escape.

QuoteEveryone still here I'd catch a bullet for, no exceptions. Keep that in mind on every weekend henceforth.

I don't have any doubt about that.

BTW, we seem to be favouring Icelandair for our flights to Europe these days. Maybe one day I'll be able to swing a stop-over and buy you a beer or two to show you I'm less dogmatic than my perceived role here.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on March 08, 2023, 08:57:39 PM
Quote"In the radical left's America, Washington taxes you and lights your hard-earned money on fire, but you get crushed with high gas prices, empty grocery shelves, and our children are taught to hate one another on account of their race, but not to love one another or our great country," Sanders said. "Whether Joe Biden believes this madness or is simply too weak to resist it, his administration has been completely hijacked by the radical left. The dividing line in America is no longer between right or left. The choice is between normal or crazy."

Ah. Thanks Sanders I feel so loved. I am glad you are working so hard to get Arkansas children to love us all.

It is a weird disconnect from reality to see the governor of one the worst run and most impoverished states in the Union talk about how the rest of the country sucks. Especially with this nonsense about high gas prices and empty store shelves. Maybe you should fix Arkansas before you start talking about how you are our savior and so very normal and the rest of us are crazy?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Any discussion of Tucker Carlson texts?  Seems like even Tucker is not immune from TDS, although being a professional that he is, you could never tell from his work product.  I predict that somehow the cognitive dissonance of Trumpists will prevail, and everyone will ignore and forget the sociopathic cynicism of everyone involved.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 09, 2023, 11:56:59 PMAny discussion of Tucker Carlson texts?  Seems like even Tucker is not immune from TDS, although being a professional that he is, you could never tell from his work product.  I predict that somehow the cognitive dissonance of Trumpists will prevail, and everyone will ignore and forget the sociopathic cynicism of everyone involved.
What is TDS? 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Total dissolved solids? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Trump Derangement Syndrome I think. I am not really sure what exactly that means but I see it tossed around a lot. I presume it refers to somebody who hates Trump to such an extreme level it makes them go a little nuts.

We used to have Obama Derangement Syndrome which meant that back in the day so I presume this is the same thing only with Trump.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Carlson's commitment to his performance art is comendable, if his contempt for Trump is indeed so virulent.

Jacob

What did Carlson (allegedly?) say about Trump?

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on March 10, 2023, 11:28:53 AMWhat did Carlson (allegedly?) say about Trump?

He said he fucking hated Trump.

And there's no allegedly about it - these were from text messages that were disclosed as part of the Fox News / Dominion VOting Machines lawsuit.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2023, 02:30:41 AMTrump Derangement Syndrome I think. I am not really sure what exactly that means but I see it tossed around a lot. I presume it refers to somebody who hates Trump to such an extreme level it makes them go a little nuts.

I live with somebody that had TDS for four years. It was exhausting. Any and every form of Rational Discourse was completely out the window. This was, of course, offset by others around me that had whatever the Alphabet Soup Indicator was for the people that chugged the Trump Kool-Aid - they were equally exhausting and beyond Rational Discourse. Four years of my life flushed down the shitter of people that I thought that I knew & loved more worried about Scoring Points off of each other than being Human Beings. Weird scenes inside the gold mine...

:ccr

The Larch

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

TDS = obsessively anti-Trump?

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2023, 02:30:41 AMTrump Derangement Syndrome I think. I am not really sure what exactly that means but I see it tossed around a lot. I presume it refers to somebody who hates Trump to such an extreme level it makes them go a little nuts.

We used to have Obama Derangement Syndrome which meant that back in the day so I presume this is the same thing only with Trump.

Jacob