Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2023, 09:21:00 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 13, 2023, 07:06:54 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 13, 2023, 03:53:47 AM
Moving to a flat with an electric cooker is stressful enough, and now Syt's found my alt account :weep:

Be patient and use a lower settings if your cooker is of poor quality.

I hate the inability to rapidly change the temperature.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

I resent having to (probably) buy new pans and learn how to use a cooker again :weep: <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2023, 09:24:57 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2023, 09:21:00 AM
Moving to a flat with an electric cooker is stressful enough, and now Syt's found my alt account :weep:

Be patient and use a lower settings if your cooker is of poor quality.

I hate the inability to rapidly change the temperature.

I'd like to experience that one day. My neighborhood was built in the aftermath of a 1962 explosion that took 20 years for Quebec housing construction to get over.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

I love my electric cooker. That said, I'm not a very demanding cook.

Josquius

:blink:
I just tossed my gas cooker to get electric in. So much better and more reliable.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

If you're newly going electric go induction. For that one you might need new pans sheilbh. You strike me as a copper pan guy  :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

Referring to "electric" cookers is near-useless considering the diverse range (ha ha!) of them out there. Electrics using coil burners are probably what most people think of, and they're absolutely awful.

Glass-top and induction electrics are up there with the best gas stoves.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on January 13, 2023, 12:10:38 PMIf you're newly going electric go induction. For that one you might need new pans sheilbh. You strike me as a copper pan guy  :D
I don't even know what that means :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

We have a halogen hob and its great, not like those terrible coil things from way back.

Grey Fox

My old, 1995, coil range is fine.  :mad:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on January 13, 2023, 12:58:42 PMGlass-top and induction electrics are up there with the best gas stoves.
Induction, definitely, but not sure about glass-top.  My understanding is that induction ranges have that same instant responsiveness as gas, and they can put more energy into the food at max output.  The problem with glass-top is that you have to plan ahead, because the coils don't warm up or cool down quickly.

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 13, 2023, 12:59:41 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 13, 2023, 12:10:38 PMIf you're newly going electric go induction. For that one you might need new pans sheilbh. You strike me as a copper pan guy  :D
I don't even know what that means :weep:

Copper pans are fancy. So they're for good cooks OR for bad cooks who want people to think they're good :D .  I figured you're a fancy good cook  :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Jacob

Does anyone believe that Matt Gaetz or Jim Jordan cooks their own food?

HVC

They care about their employees Jacob, you should appreciate that   ;)   :D

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on January 13, 2023, 01:22:15 PMThey care about their employees Jacob, you should appreciate that   ;)   :D

Hard for the employees to cook if they're bosses are holding on to the gas ranges and refusing to let go.