News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

It's possible for America to have a serious anti-lizard people racism problem and yet still have functioning sewage systems.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on June 17, 2022, 10:33:19 AMshe says she never supported qanon.

Of course not.  She is an avid Dumas fan who mixed up "Where we go one we go all" for "All for one, and one for all"

See it turns out it's France's fault after all.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zoupa

Not sure why a non American pointing out some obvious crazy shit makes some of you close ranks. Interesting visceral response.

It was a pretty innocuous starting point, all things considered.

Zoupa

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 17, 2022, 03:44:55 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 17, 2022, 10:33:19 AMshe says she never supported qanon.

Of course not.  She is an avid Dumas fan who mixed up "Where we go one we go all" for "All for one, and one for all"

See it turns out it's France's fault after all.

Dumas is Q. PROOF!!!!!!?

Berkut

Quote from: Zoupa on June 17, 2022, 05:29:42 PMNot sure why a non American pointing out some obvious crazy shit makes some of you close ranks. Interesting visceral response.

I thought your response to a completely known point as a way to make another tired bigoted attack on the "cesspool" of America was interesting as well.

Well, not interesting so much as utterly routine and predictable.

That you are SHOCKED, SHOCKED I SAY that Americans find your bigotry objectionable isn't all that interesting either.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on June 17, 2022, 03:15:43 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 17, 2022, 03:12:26 PMIn a thread devoted to how fucked up the GOP has become, commenting on how fucked up the GOP is making the US, attracts denial from Americans.

Fascinating
You know perfectly well that what you just said is a flat out lie (in that no American has "denied" anything), and you know that everyone else knows it as well.

What is the point?

Everyone involved from the American side, you know perfectly well, agrees that the GOP is fucked up, and is fucking up America. So you know that it isn't how you just characterized it - you know this.

Yet you state something that is just a straight out lie that you KNOW is a lie.

Why? Do you value Zoupa stroking you that much?

You are a very tough guy over the internet

Berkut

:lmfao:

CC is threatening me. That is....awesome.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Being bigger doesn't make your arguments better. You'd think a lawyer would realize this.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 18, 2022, 08:01:34 AMBeing bigger doesn't make your arguments better. You'd think a lawyer would realize this.
Being taller does make your arguments better.  That's a fact.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

I'm 188cm, ergo I'm almost always right.

The Larch

Don't know if this is newsworthy at this point:

QuoteThe Texas Republican Party has voted to shut out Log Cabin Republicans, an organization of gay Republicans, from participating in their convention. Log Cabin Republicans just said it is "shameful" they they are being "excluded" and that Republicans are being "narrow-minded."

Also:

QuoteThe @TexasGOP has long opposed gay marriage, but its 2022 proposed platform has new language to describe homosexuality:

"Homosexuality is an abnormal lifestyle choice."

This language wasn't in the party's 2018 and 2020 platforms. Delegates will vote on the 2022 platform today.

Josquius

Being a politician is an abnormal lifestyle choice.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

And Obergefell and cases striking down anti-sodomy laws were pretty explicitly called out in that draft Alito decision and would be subject to the same logic. If Roe goes it's difficult to see them surviving. This stuff, as with Roe, isn't some secret conspiracy - it's a plan and strategy Republicans have been pretty open about for at least the last three decades.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on June 18, 2022, 03:53:24 PMDon't know if this is newsworthy at this point:

QuoteThe Texas Republican Party has voted to shut out Log Cabin Republicans, an organization of gay Republicans, from participating in their convention. Log Cabin Republicans just said it is "shameful" they they are being "excluded" and that Republicans are being "narrow-minded."

Also:

QuoteThe @TexasGOP has long opposed gay marriage, but its 2022 proposed platform has new language to describe homosexuality:

"Homosexuality is an abnormal lifestyle choice."

This language wasn't in the party's 2018 and 2020 platforms. Delegates will vote on the 2022 platform today.

All very good developments.  It's about time minorities of all sorts understood that the Republican party is their enemy.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Go ahead, sow the wind.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017