News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 15, 2021, 06:24:43 PM
Although with Flynn the thing I always find baffling/alarming is how he rose up through the army and ended up head of the DIA before Trump, which strikes me as alarming.

Amen.

Though in the glass is half full department it doesn't seem to be a trend.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Berkut on November 15, 2021, 08:08:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2021, 11:16:50 AM
My thought is that such reports just magnify his inane thoughts for little tangible benefit.
But it is news, isn't it?

If Susan Rice was out there calling for a Communist revolution I think it would deserve reporting.

Although with Flynn the thing I always find baffling/alarming is how he rose up through the army and ended up head of the DIA before Trump, which strikes me as alarming.

Indeed.

How did someone so clearly unhinged get so high?
Meth.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on November 15, 2021, 08:08:05 PM
Indeed.

How did someone so clearly unhinged get so high?

Perhaps he became unhinged after rising so high.  He'd not be the first crazy person to develop craziness later in life after being normal for most of it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2021, 11:16:50 AM
My thought is that such reports just magnify his inane thoughts for little tangible benefit.
But it is news, isn't it?

If Susan Rice was out there calling for a Communist revolution I think it would deserve reporting.

Is it? He has been irrelevant for a while and always says crazy things. Not sure why he needs his words repeated nationally and internationally.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

People who know him say he went nuts after Obama fired him.  Obama fired him because he was just making up stuff (a bad trait in an intel guy), so I think he probably went started cracking before he that.

There is another possibility, that he his deranged raving are not simply the result of a menially ill man, but that he was simply more and more influenced by a political culture that has become deranged.  The kind of stuff he was putting into intel reports were "Fox News" type things like "Iranians are sending militants into America".  When he was fired, Flynn was trumpeted as a bold truth-teller who was punished by Obama.  His recent ravings are the crystalizing dogma  of what is now the right-wing of the Republican party.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Indeed. His insane ravings put him smack in the GOP mainstream.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on November 02, 2021, 12:27:51 PM
IS this the closest we have to a QAnon thread?  I think so.

Apparently dozens of people are gathering in Daly Plaza in Dallas today expecting to see the return of John F Kennedy, who will in turn restore Trump to power.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgd85a/qanon-dallas-jfk-trump

Not JFK Jr (who is also dead, but will also be there), But President Kennedy, whose murder was recorded for all to see.

They're back (or never left) because you have to calculate these things with the Julian calendar (naturally).

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4awvyb/qanon-dallas-jfk-protzman

These predictions are all made by a fellow named Michael Protzman.  Here's a recent photo apparently (no joke):

:tinfoil:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

That's smiley has never been more appropriate...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

So, apparently this is a real poster for the event...

Razgovory

That is wise.  You don't want to attract kids with Matt Gaetz lurking around.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on November 18, 2021, 01:09:28 PM
That is wise.  You don't want to attract kids with Matt Gaetz lurking around.

Gaetz might be busy training his new intern.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

Kind of young for Gaetz isn't he?
PDH!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on November 18, 2021, 11:55:19 AM
So, apparently this is a real poster for the event...
And of course CPAC 2022 will in Budapest - I believe it's their first trip out of the US.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Secretary of Homeland Security Kyle Rittenhouse in the upcoming Gaetz administration.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.