News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jesus Christ this is insane.

Started by Berkut, January 03, 2021, 01:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fromtia

Absolutely terrible, and senseless. A swift and full recovery to your nephew.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Berkut

He went in for further exploratory surgery yesterday. They cleaned out some more fragments from his lower right leg.

Injuries:

1. Bullet wound to upper left thigh. Bullet missed the femoral by about 2 centimeters. Still in his thigh, they likely won't get it out.
2. Bullet eound to upper left thigh. Through and through, extensive soft tissue damage. Possible nerve damage. Expected to heal fully, mostly on it own.
3. Bullet wound to left hip. Struck the hip bone, fracturing it, bullet looks like it most fragmented itself. Giving all the tissue around the hip, this should heal on its own - even the fractured hip bone. Joint not involved luckily. But this will have to be immobilized for some time.
4. Bullet wound to right lower leg. Bullet fractured the tibia and fibia completely, then exited leaving a 3-4cm exit wound and basically a big ass hole in the back of his leg. Extensive muscle damage.

The 4th wound is the one that they've been most worried about (along with the apparent nerve damage on the left). This is going to require a replacement of the effected portions of the tibia and fibia with titanium rods, along with extensive plastics work to close that large exit wound. There is a 10 hour surgery scheduled for tomorrow where they are going to do all of this in one go.

Assuming that goes well, it should be the last needed surgery. Then they can start recovery.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

This is kind of interesting - the radio chatter from the entire incident.

200 Alpha is Camron and his partner.

https://fb.watch/2RMxK0L0mT/

There isn't much for the actual incident - but you can hear my nephew call in that he's been hit. Then it's like three hours of follow up and coordination of the manhunt.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Ten hours of surgery!  Wow!

You and he are in my thoughts.  I didn't see you at the Five Guys the other night.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Oexmelin

That's terrible, Berkut. My thoughts with you and your family.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Berkut

I appreciate everyones thoughts. For some reason writing about it here is kind of cathartic.

Going down this weekend to visit and help out my sister.

Grumbler, are you still in the DC area?

0 rows returned

mongers

Quote from: Berkut on January 06, 2021, 05:13:21 PM
I appreciate everyones thoughts. For some reason writing about it here is kind of cathartic.

Going down this weekend to visit and help out my sister.

Damn, that's bad, Berkut I hope his and your families see better days as he recovers.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Just seeing this. I'm so sorry,  Berkut. That's awful.  Glad that he's going to be okay, but what an awful thing to go through. My heart is with you and your family.  :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Malicious Intent

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to your nephew!

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on January 06, 2021, 05:13:21 PM

Yep.  Still out in Remington (about 5 miles from where we ran into each other at Five Guys), about 20 miles west of Fredericksburg.  If you think you'll have time for a short get-together, let me know.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HisMajestyBOB

Shit :(
My thoughts are with you and yours. Take care  :hug:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Jacob

That's awful :(

Glad he survived. Best hopes for his recovery.

Berkut

0 rows returned

DGuller

WTF, how can it be that not all medical costs of on-the-job shooting are covered?

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on January 20, 2021, 11:49:06 AM
WTF, how can it be that not all medical costs of on-the-job shooting are covered?

It is just the way our system works. Glad the community stepped up to help.

Anything really serious happening to you will leave you basically bankrupt even if you have insurance. 'Murica.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."