News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jesus Christ this is insane.

Started by Berkut, January 03, 2021, 01:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

https://www.loudountimes.com/news/2-security-guards-sheriffs-deputy-injured-in-shooting-at-sterling-shopping-center/article_996aca8c-4d47-11eb-8048-2fc2bf03aca9.html

The sheriff's deputy who was shot is my nephew. Hit 4 times in the legs and hips. Life is not in danger, but his tibia was shattered and his hip bone hit as well. Going to be a very, very long recovery.

He clocked in at 4:30 today, and at 4:40pm him and his partner responded to a local Wal-Mart, where store security guards had apprehended someone shoplifting. When they arrived to take the suspect into custody, he pulled out a gun and shot Cameron 4 times in the legs and hip, shot the two security guards (both not critically) and then was shot by Cameron's partner twice, and fled the scene. He was apprehended a couple hours later after a car chase.

I am in shock. He's a great kid. No organs or major arteries hit, but he nearly bled out. Is out of surgery now, but there is going to be more surgeries to keep getting bone and bullet fragments out and somehow repair his tibia.

If anyone is the praying type, my sister would appreciate it, as would I.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Thinking of your nephew. What a horribly random and senseless thing to happen. I have no words really.

Please keep us updated. I hope his medical costs are being taken care of.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Jesus Christ.  I hope he's going to fully recover, physically and mentally.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on January 03, 2021, 01:26:36 AM
Thinking of your nephew. What a horribly random and senseless thing to happen. I have no words really.

Please keep us updated. I hope his medical costs are being taken care of.

I would assume his medical costs will be fully covered since he was hurt in the line of duty. I have to assume he is getting the best medical care available in, well...the world? Or close to it?

Fucking ridiculous. Shoplifting at fucking wal-mart.

0 rows returned

Sheilbh

God that's horrible Berk. Hope he recovers fully.

And yeah - so ridiculously senseless :(
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Christ, that's awful.

I hope he's able to make a recovery, Berkut.

Richard Hakluyt

Absolutely dreadful  :(

I do hope he can make a complete recovery though the damage sounds terrible.

Josquius

That's just crazy. Security already had the guy but he started shooting anyway.... Hope he makes a quick recovery.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

That's horrible. :(

I am very grateful that it wasn't even worse. I hope for a speedy recovery. :hug:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I'm sorry, Berk, all the best to your family and that he'll have a speedy discovery!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

That's awful  :(
I hope he makes a full recovery.

Berkut

He is awake and responseive this morning.

There is a lot that needs to happen still. He has an exit wound that need to be dealt with - 2-3 inches, and will need some kind of skin graft there. A lot of bullet fragments, so they are trying to decide what to go after (each one is a infection risk, but digging after them has its own risks. Three of the four bullets stayed in him, they took one out last night, the other two will probably just stay since they are in his hip and they think they will do more damage getting them out then leaving them alone.

One hip the bone was hit - that they think will mostly heal on its own over time. The opposite leg the tibia was hit and shattered, that will require titanium rods to rebuild. Needless to say, he won't be able to put weight on either side for some time, and recovery will be complicated because of damage to both sides.

All of this over some shoplifted bullshit from Wal Mart.

0 rows returned

Duque de Bragança

Horrible and absurd. Hope he recovers.

grumbler

My thoughts are with you, your sister, and your nephew, Berk.

This is literally insane.  No sane person commits multiple felonies in order to avoid arrest for a misdemeanor.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!