What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

But that at some point BROKE tradition. It's not nice to continually piss on old customs like that.

Eddie Teach

Err, what's wrong with bridesmaid dresses?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I expect the trumpies are up in arms about that?
It's funny how much hate left leaning celebrities get. They're painted as a shadowy elite ruling the world.
The real elite of course doesn't much appear in the gossip pages these days. Well. Most of them. Trump does of course.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I think it's fair to call a literal Getty heiress part of the real elite by anyone's measure :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Savonarola

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 14, 2021, 05:03:11 PM
I think it's fair to call a literal Getty heiress part of the real elite by anyone's measure :P

A Getty heiress whose wedding was officiated by the United States Speaker of the House, attended by the Governor of California and had Earth, Wind and Fire perform at it.  The article reads like The Godfather wedding as written by Edith Wharton.  In what possible sense could these people not be considered "The Real EliteTM"? 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

The Brain

Quote from: Savonarola on November 15, 2021, 02:02:43 PM

A Getty heiress whose wedding was officiated by the United States Speaker of the House, attended by the Governor of California and had Earth, Wind and Fire perform at it.  The article reads like The Godfather wedding as written by Edith Wharton.  In what possible sense could these people not be considered "The Real EliteTM"?

Tyr spurred boldly on, and dashed through thick and thin...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Would it be making the news if not for celebrities?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

It's also fair to call Nancy Pelosi part of the elite.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2021, 04:31:16 PM

Of course not.  You have to be someone for your wedding to make the news.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2021, 04:31:16 PM
I think so - if only because of Pelosi presiding.

But also it made the news in Vanity Fair and was then picked up elsewhere. It strikes me as very much a story you'd expect Vanity Fair to pick up - attactive multi-billionaires will always attact gossip column inches. Bit weird, but appropriate, to see it given full royal wedding treatment by somewhere like CNN though.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

That's my point. Regular multi billionaires who pull the strings of the global economy....you don't really hear about them because they aren't publically rubbing shoulders with celebs and aren't so overt with their political connections.
They're the true elites.
Not the chick from queen's gambit.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2021, 06:48:14 PM
That's my point. Regular multi billionaires who pull the strings of the global economy....you don't really hear about them because they aren't publically rubbing shoulders with celebs and aren't so overt with their political connections.
They're the true elites.
Not the chick from queen's gambit.

:Joos
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Would you mind dialing the anti-semitism down a notch there Beeb?

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on November 16, 2021, 08:24:27 PM
Would you mind dialing the anti-semitism down a notch there Beeb?

I don't think you are get what he's saying...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017