What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 18, 2021, 02:13:38 PM

This overview seems a bit reductive? Also, didn't know that Grant was president in the 1860s.

He was in 1869...nice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I'm betting all those events have a specific date.  Not just "1780's".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Andrew Guiliani is running for governor of NY.  ^_^

Jacob

Admiral Yi

I assume so.  Just saw the headline.  He's the right age for a son.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 18, 2021, 05:48:16 PM

Is he also a cousin?
Que le grand cric me croque !

Sheilbh

New York really is the land of the failsons and I live in a country with a literal monarchy :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 18, 2021, 06:00:23 PM
New York really is the land of the failsons and I live in a country with a literal monarchy :P

Yeah but your monarchy is this weird symbolic thing. Being governor of New York is a real job that somebody who is qualified should probably hold.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 18, 2021, 05:48:16 PM
Yep, he is.  He's the little kid who acted all goofy during Rudy's mayoral inauguration.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Do we have any New Yorkers here who can tell us how likely Andrew's candidacy is?

I thought NYC generally despised Trump, and I'd expect that the Guiliani name would be pretty closely associated with Trump at this point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on May 18, 2021, 09:31:27 PM
Do we have any New Yorkers here who can tell us how likely Andrew's candidacy is?

I thought NYC generally despised Trump, and I'd expect that the Guiliani name would be pretty closely associated with Trump at this point.

He's never even run for elective office before.  I suspect his campaign will die in the primaries.  Not a new Yorker, though, so that's mostly spitballing.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

My record on predicting events relating to NY governors is a bit blemished at the moment.  :Embarrass:  I will therefore recuse myself from offering any opinion on the matter.

DGuller

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2021, 11:00:39 PM
Quote from: Jacob on May 18, 2021, 09:31:27 PM

He's never even run for elective office before.  I suspect his campaign will die in the primaries.  Not a new Yorker, though, so that's mostly spitballing.

Andrew Yang (and before him, Trump) seem to indicate that's not such a big obstacle.

But I'm not even an american.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.