News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Razgovory

Speaking on behalf of Yi, I'd like to say a few words:  "Pft Aika Zang!  Chev Nya-Nya-Qork"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on February 24, 2021, 08:03:00 AM
You're taking all this very seriously dude. Chill.

Yi would like you to know he's very chill.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on February 24, 2021, 10:48:39 AM

Yi would like you to know he's very chill.

Yi would like you to give him a nickname few will understand.

Admiral Yi

You're not taking all this seriously enough.  Be a mensch.

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on February 24, 2021, 07:17:23 AM
Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2021, 05:49:35 PM
I don't think AR is going on about this because of his bets, he is going on about this because this is the standard way you attack Dems. They are fools, and weak, and if only they would do what McConnell wants them to do, then everything would be better.

There is the corrosiveness of not being able to criticize your team's leader without getting awarded brown stars for supporting the other side. I also disagree with the characterization that the slow progress is primarily due to republicans (on the confirmations so far at least). But whether McConnell is being an asshole here seems really irrelevant.

Me: Don't drive the lane or your shot will get blocked.
Others: Nah, it won't get blocked.
*The team drives the lane and the shot gets blocked.*
Me: They were idiots for driving the lane, I said if they did that the shot would get blocked.
Berkut: The other team had Mutumbo in the lane and he blocks everything that comes his way! You can't criticize someone for that! You should be in the Hawks fan club Hall of Fame!

No, thats not right.

Its more like saying "Hey, if you drive the lane, you are going to get fouled because they fucking cheat!
Yeah, but do it anyway, because we need to force the refs to make the call.
Drives lane, gets fouled, ref makes call, you miss the free throws
SEE I TOLD YOU YOU SHOULD JUST STOP DRIVING THE LANE!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Maybe there was someone open near the basket.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2021, 02:54:21 PM

You're not taking all this seriously enough.  Be a mensch.

How would I take it more seriously? Real question, I'm not even sure what that means.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on February 24, 2021, 06:53:04 AM
Uh...the republican senators clearly and openly stated the answer to that before the trial began--only a handful would even concede the trial was constitutional. Your assertion is the trial had to be "right now!" to solve the question of how GOP senators would vote? That was never an unanswered question either.

I don't think I made that assertion.  The discussion we were having was whether there should have been a more elaborate trial. The fact that the outcome was predetermined seems to favor my position.

Separately I did support doing the trial right away but that had nothing to do with how the GOP senators would vote.  I thought it best to get it done right away rather than have it linger on.  Whenever the Senate scheduled the trial it would impact on business.  Approving executive appointments is important but so is passing legislation, reviewing treaties, approving judicial appointments etc.

QuoteWitnesses could add quite a bit of context. Speech writers could provide evidence on where the language in the speeches came from, what direction Trump gave them, what edits he made, etc. Advisors could give evidence on the information that was being provided to Trump.

The Senate would never see those witnesses for years if ever.  Trump and the the lawyers would have asserted executive privilege.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on February 24, 2021, 03:09:46 PM
How would I take it more seriously? Real question, I'm not even sure what that means.

You would stop speaking for other people.  You would realize this is not a good thing to do. 

No more "nobody gives a shit about your bets."  "Everybody here doesn't care about this or that."  If people don't give a shit about Fredo's bets they can say so themselves.  You don't have that right.

Syt

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1364657790900449282

QuoteRoger Marshall's argument for not raising the minimum wage is that he had a minimum wage job and it paid for his entire college tuition.

When he graduated from Kansas State University, tuition was $898/year. It is now $10,000/year. The minimum wage then was $3.35. It's now $7.25
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2021, 03:23:08 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on February 24, 2021, 03:09:46 PM

You would stop speaking for other people.  You would realize this is not a good thing to do. 

No more "nobody gives a shit about your bets."  "Everybody here doesn't care about this or that."  If people don't give a shit about Fredo's bets they can say so themselves.  You don't have that right.

I kinda take that right when it comes to Dorsey, mostly to take a dump on him since I don't really like him.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on February 24, 2021, 03:33:25 PM
I kinda take that right when it comes to Dorsey, mostly to take a dump on him since I don't really like him.

If a person asking you nicely to stop doing something isn't enough, think about the fact that the only posters who do this are you and grumbler.

Admiral Yi

All remaining election law suits dismissed by the Supreme Court.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2021, 03:46:40 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on February 24, 2021, 03:33:25 PM

If a person asking you nicely to stop doing something isn't enough, think about the fact that the only posters who do this are you and grumbler.

Oooh!  A drive-by lie.  Hope that burn attempt was worth it.

I don't say that "no one here cares about" whatever.

I did say, in 2009, that "No one really cares about opinions that are rooted in absurd premises and lack any evidence of careful consideration," but that's clearly a figure of speech (and untrue, of course).

How about you (and Tamas, for that matter) stop using my name as some sort of stick to beat people with?  "Only you and grumbler [do that]" is almost always a lie, and just a sad anguish cliché used by lazy people with no actual concern for what I do say.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!