And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: alfred russel on February 14, 2021, 04:37:53 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 14, 2021, 04:34:36 PM
They could impeach Hilary Clinton for that, even as a former SoS, sure.  A good bone to throw to the base.

90% of Senate republicans have already voted that holding such a trial after the individual has left office is unconstitutional. They couldn't hold a trial because that would be transparently hypocritical.

:P

They would just figure that, plus their Supreme Court hypocrisy would be like multiplying by zero, and thus cancel each other out.

Eddie Teach

I don't think one can be successful in politics without being comfortable with hypocrisy.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 14, 2021, 04:35:36 PM
What is he accusing Harris of?

It's a weird coincidence that the GOP always zones in on people who are women and/or non-white. Uncanny.

Admiral Yi

Booty Judge confirmed.  First openly gay cabinet member, for people who care about that sort of thing.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 15, 2021, 10:05:21 AM
Booty Judge confirmed.  First openly gay cabinet member, for people who care about that sort of thing.
Who has been confirmed - as Richard Grenell loves to point out even though it feels like it's drawing attention to the fact that the Senate would not confirm him (and not for reasons of homosexuality) :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 15, 2021, 10:23:23 AM
Who has been confirmed - as Richard Grenell loves to point out even though it feels like it's drawing attention to the fact that the Senate would not confirm him (and not for reasons of homosexuality) :lol:

I have no clue what you're talking about. :)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 15, 2021, 10:28:26 AM
I have no clue what you're talking about. :)
Richard Grenell was made Acting Director of National Intelligence by Trump.

He's the first openly gay cabinet member. But he was never confirmed by the Senate for reasons.

So Buttigieg is only the first who's been confirmed :)

Edit: Grenell points this out a lot in his ongoing LGBT for Trump advocacy :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 15, 2021, 10:36:26 AM
Isn't that what the T stands for?

I have mixed feelings on this idea of yours that we should make "Trump" the new term for being transgender. :hmm:

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 14, 2021, 07:02:26 PM
Her real crime is of course something very different.

I won't asked how you figured that ;) , but do you think Graham came up with this idea on his own, or was he wispered something by someone who's now living in Florida?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Unsurprisingly, the much lauded Lincoln Project has collapsed because of sexual harassment allegations, a toxic work environment, and the funneling of most of the funds raised to board members' own businesses and projects.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/15/inside-lincoln-project-claims-harassment-sexism-toxic-workplace/4483922001/

That Regeneron ad was good though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 16, 2021, 03:16:08 PM
Unsurprisingly, the much lauded Lincoln Project has collapsed because of sexual harassment allegations, a toxic work environment, and the funneling of most of the funds raised to board members' own businesses and projects.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/15/inside-lincoln-project-claims-harassment-sexism-toxic-workplace/4483922001/

Why do you say "unsurprisingly"?

The sexual harassment allegations are not good, but the sending money to companies controlled by the controllers is basically how every PAC ever operates.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Barrister on February 16, 2021, 03:20:57 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 16, 2021, 03:16:08 PM

Why do you say "unsurprisingly"?

The sexual harassment allegations are not good, but the sending money to companies controlled by the controllers is basically how every PAC ever operates.

Some of the founders were kind of scummy and the whole thing smelled of a grift, hence the "unsurprisingly"
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

Sounds like it is now the Benjamin Butler Project.  :(