Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on January 21, 2021, 07:21:13 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 21, 2021, 07:00:46 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2021, 06:58:50 PM
I think it's probably best not to report on Greene at all. Will never be anything of value.

The competition for being the most terrible person in the House must be hard, but she's really working for it.

No one will out-stupid her, that's for sure.
one of her co-worker tried to enter the Senate floor with his gun, after the attempted coup.  I don't know if it qualifies, but it's close. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on January 22, 2021, 07:31:03 AM
Cruz always seems completely phony to me when he tries to play the Trump card. I assume republican voters will think the same.
You assume... much :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Solmyr

celedhring

Quote from: Solmyr on January 25, 2021, 04:13:07 AM
Man, this presidency sure is boring.

You know, you've made realize I just have no idea what the US president did the past 2-3 days. I missed that.

Syt

Not if you're a fan of the previous administration:

QuoteIn 2 days... Biden has Canada pissed off, closer to war in Syria, obliterates women's sports, allows boys in girls locker rooms, admits he doesn't have a plan to contain the pandemic, he wants to vaccinate 1M people a day for 100 days( but the last week of trump admin they were doing 1.2M people a day), Biden responsible for covid deaths of 4,300 people since his inauguration, doesn't return salutes from marines, doesn't wear a mask on federal property after mandating it, already has articles of impeachment filed against him, put approx 52,000 people on unemployment, uses Betsy Ross flag at inauguration after republicans were told it was racist when it was displayed at trump rally, said " no comment" when asked about the Portland violence on Inauguration Day, rejoins Paris climate accord, fires a well qualified black man (Obama's surgeon general) gets locked out of the white house( he fired the usher that opens the doors to the White House 5 hours earlier) wants to raise minimum wage to $15 hour during a pandemic( non partisan congressional budget office says raising minimum wage to $15 will kill over 4 million jobs). He's been busy.... busy screwing Americans.
I cut and pasted this from another but felt it needs to be heard.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: celedhring on January 25, 2021, 04:15:20 AM

You know, you've made realize I just have no idea what the US president did the past 2-3 days. I missed that.

It's wonderful, isn't it?

Like, I don't know what the US president is doing right now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Hard to believe it's the same newspaper that gave us Redford and Hoffman. :(

Syt

Well yeah, there's no self-awareness about how many communication channels and amplification they have while whining about being silenced.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 25, 2021, 08:14:00 AM
Well yeah, there's no self-awareness about how many communication channels and amplification they have while whining about being silenced.

I kid you not, it was just last year that a Hungarian government official complained about the "Liberal-left media dominance" in Hungary, after a decade of them gaining control each and every media outlet they could grab, at a time when supposedly entirely independent regional newspapers publish copy-pasted identical Orban interviews and other designs, not to mention the absolute control of all state media and varying level of control over most private TV channels.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on January 25, 2021, 07:55:17 AM
Hard to believe it's the same newspaper that gave us Redford and Hoffman. :(

Washington. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on January 25, 2021, 09:39:31 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 25, 2021, 08:14:00 AM

I kid you not, it was just last year that a Hungarian government official complained about the "Liberal-left media dominance" in Hungary, after a decade of them gaining control each and every media outlet they could grab, at a time when supposedly entirely independent regional newspapers publish copy-pasted identical Orban interviews and other designs, not to mention the absolute control of all state media and varying level of control over most private TV channels.

Narrative counts more than truth. Sure, there's been duplicity and lies in politics since forever, but now groups can insulate themselves in their respective bubbles and can have their beliefs reinforced independent from petty things like "facts."
—Stephen Jay Gould