News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

There are more "Generation x" six years after the first entered the Senate than there were "Baby Boomers" six years after the first entered the Senate.

I'll just note once again that this whole "generations" thing is moronic and those who think it meaningful are mistaken.  "Generation" does not mean random grouping of people and 20 years hasn't ben a generation length since the mid-20th Century, if even that late.  The current generational length (average age of a woman giving birth) in the US is 27 years.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

The idiot wing of the GOP is at it again:

QuoteRep. Marjorie Greene files articles of impeachment against Biden

Rep. Marjorie Greene (R-Ga.) said Thursday that she has filed articles of impeachment against President Biden, only a day after he was sworn into office.

The text of Greene's articles of impeachment specifying any impeachable offenses committed by Biden was not immediately available. But Greene indicated that the articles accuse Biden of abusing his power while serving as vice president by allowing his son, Hunter, to serve on the board of a Ukrainian energy company.

"President Joe Biden is unfit to hold the office of the presidency. His pattern of abuse of power as President Obama's Vice President is lengthy and disturbing. President Biden has demonstrated that he will do whatever it takes to bail out his son, Hunter, and line his family's pockets with cash from corrupt foreign energy companies," Greene said in a statement.

garbon

I think it's probably best not to report on Greene at all. Will never be anything of value.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

At least until she is arrested or resigns.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2021, 06:58:50 PM
I think it's probably best not to report on Greene at all. Will never be anything of value.

The competition for being the most terrible person in the House must be hard, but she's really working for it.

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on January 21, 2021, 07:00:46 PM

The competition for being the most terrible person in the House must be hard, but she's really working for it.

No one will out-stupid her, that's for sure.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

FunkMonk

Ban anyone over the age of 70 from holding office. Simple and elegant solution.  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Short list is Jim Jordan, Mat Gaetz, that chick with the gun, and this chick.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on January 21, 2021, 07:21:13 PM

When it comes to stupid, never count out Gohmert.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 21, 2021, 08:55:19 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 21, 2021, 07:21:13 PM

When it comes to stupid, never count out Gohmert.

Gomert has gallons and gallons of stupid, but Greene has the distilled essence of stupid.

Bayraktar!

The Brain

I assume Biden will collect his Nobel Peace Prize this year? Since Obama got it for not being W, Biden not being Trump must make it pretty much automatic. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Quote from: The Brain on January 22, 2021, 04:07:29 AM
I assume Biden will collect his Nobel Peace Prize this year? Since Obama got it for not being W, Biden not being Trump must make it pretty much automatic. :)

They should give it to the as yet unknown people who talked Trump out of doing really stupid things, or refused to carry them out.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2021, 08:08:43 PM

Short list is Jim Jordan, Mat Gaetz, that chick with the gun, and this chick.
I think Cawthorn may be a dark horse this year.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Oh dear :lol:

Seems he is setting himself up as the successor of Trump.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

He'll never get elected with that beard.