News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2021, 10:08:28 PM
Did Trump end up getting his glorious military sendoff?
Sadly, I think the firing squad is no longer in vogue in the USA :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2021, 02:59:45 PM
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN29O2PE

QuoteBiden will recognize Guaido as Venezuela's leader, top diplomat says

By Reuters Staff

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President-elect Joe Biden's administration will continue to recognize Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido as the South American country's president, Anthony Blinken, Biden's nominee for secretary of state, said on Tuesday.

Blinken told members of the U.S. Senate that Biden would seek to "more effectively target" sanctions on the country, which aim to oust President Nicolas Maduro - who retains control of the country. Blinken said the new administration would look at more humanitarian assistance to the country.

Fuck. Can we stop this? I mean I get that Maduro sucks but he just sucks for Venezuela. He poses no threat to us and there are plenty of other terrible regimes out there. Why are we still doing these regime change conflicts? I am so frustrated about this.
Drug cartel.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Yes, people are living longer and are more active longer. That shouldn't be depressing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on January 21, 2021, 04:44:20 PM
Beautiful visualisation but depressing

Why depressing? Because there are millenials old enough to be senators?  :P

Grey Fox

It's depressing if your an X. Most of them couldn't displace their parents.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Yep. Consider the oldest gen x is now, what?  55?
People 55 and under are the majority of the population.... And they're so massively under-represented.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Maybe if they didn't play videogames all day they'd get ahead.

Berkut

That graph sucks.

Because if you understand what it says, it is really very depressing.

But when you look at it, it is not at all intuitive what it is really telling us. It isn't about the current state, it is about how things have changed.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on January 21, 2021, 05:38:32 PM
People 55 and under are the majority of the population.... And they're so massively under-represented.

Yep, the Boomers all decided to stick around for a couple more decades - and they called the millennials entitled....

Savonarola

Quote from: Tyr on January 21, 2021, 05:38:32 PM

Truth in advertising; "Senate" means council of elders.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Berkut on January 21, 2021, 05:41:55 PM
That graph sucks.

Because if you understand what it says, it is really very depressing.

Not at all. We'll all get our turn, it just comes later due to longer life spans.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

"Wah people live longer and stay healthy longer. DOOOM"

Sheilbh

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 21, 2021, 04:50:25 PM
Yes, people are living longer and are more active longer. That shouldn't be depressing.
Maybe. I think that Ben Smith piece in the NYT was very good about the conversations reporters have about how they cover Senators who are physically and mentally ailing (the answer: generally they don't). So it may not be obvious to the public even if it's an open secret in DC.

It's not easy but it's a conversation that seems important in the US given the number of leadership positions held by very old people.
Let's bomb Russia!