News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Tamas on January 20, 2021, 03:53:51 PM
You can really tell that the US has not been thoroughly whipped and near-destroyed in a war like the Europeans. We have beaten this jingoist nonsense out of each other during the 20th century.

Wish it had stuck in Russia.

crazy canuck

This is the longest the President of the US has gone without doing something stupid in the last four years.

Caliga

During dinner I was telling Emily a story while we were listening to NPR.  Then Biden came on and I said "Hang on, I want to hear The President's speech here."  Felt good.  I have not said "The President" like that since 2017.  I refused to address Trump as President.  Most people didn't notice, but I don't care. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

It is weird not having a narcissistic reality TV star as my president for the first time since 2017.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2021, 09:12:31 PM
It is weird not having a narcissistic reality TV star as my president for the first time since 2017.
Yeah.  You have a good man as President now (not to mention, an amazingly qualified one).  I was lucky enough to grow up in PA and saw quite a bit of Biden on TV (I mean, Wilmington is basically a neighborhood of Philly).  Biden will do this country proud.  Trust me. :cool:

Admiral Yi

Did Trump end up getting his glorious military sendoff?

FunkMonk

So they spent all the money they couldn't spend on inaugural balls on the fireworks because holy hell that was a lot of fireworks.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 20, 2021, 10:08:52 PM
So they spent all the money they couldn't spend on inaugural balls on the fireworks because holy hell that was a lot of fireworks.  :lol:

Yeah I saw that :lol:

At least it did not spell "BIDEN 2020" across the sky.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2021, 10:08:28 PM
Did Trump end up getting his glorious military sendoff?
I think I read that he did end up getting the 21 gun salute he asked for and totally did not deserve. :)

Grey Fox

Right now, I do not know what the President of the USA did tonight.

It is so refreshing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2021, 02:42:37 PM
In Germany we don't really do much pageantry around politicians anymore -_-

Yeah, it was too campy anyway.

Syt

(The episode aired March 2000.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_to_the_Future
QuoteThe episode mentions that real estate mogul Donald Trump became president, and caused a budget crisis that Lisa inherits. In 2015, news media cited the episode as a foreshadowing of Trump's future run for president;[16] the episode was produced during Trump's 2000 third-party run. Dan Greaney told The Hollywood Reporter in a 2016 interview that the thought of a Trump presidency at the time "just seemed like the logical last stop before hitting bottom. It was pitched because it was consistent with the vision of America going insane."[17] In an interview with TMZ in May 2016, Matt Groening said he thought it was unlikely that Donald Trump would become the president of the United States.[18]

On November 8, 2016, Trump was elected as the 45th president of the United States.[19][20] Four days later, in the opening credits of the episode "Havana Wild Weekend", aired on November 13, 2016, Bart writes "Being right sucks" as the chalkboard gag.[21]

Scenes from a 2015 Simpsons YouTube post "Trumptastic Voyage" (which references real-life scenes of Donald Trump around that time) have been mistakenly identified as those from "Bart to the Future".[22]

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Anyone know who the 'Sanitiser-in-chief' was during yesterday's ceremony.

Sanitiser-in-chief' takes social media by storm

Forget the almost life-size Lady Gaga dove brooch and barnstorming tunes of Katy Perry et al, one guy has been drawing the awe of social media by just doing a normal job, diligently and repetitively.

The grey-haired, masked and scarfed destroyer of all things Covid made more appearances than the VIPs - dutifully wiping down the podium after each speaker.

Some have called for him to be put in charge of the vaccine rollout.

Remarkably, his name doesn't seem to be out there in the cyber ether yet either.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"