News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on March 11, 2021, 10:57:02 AM
Someone checked and the text actually fits in a tweet. :bleeding:
God that almost makes it sad.

There's something very Gloria Swanson about that statement. Fully expect they'll find a body in the pool at Mar-a-Lago at some point soon.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 11, 2021, 11:17:40 AM

There's something very Gloria Swanson about that statement. Fully expect they'll find a body in the pool at Mar-a-Lago at some point soon.

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on March 11, 2021, 04:09:11 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 11, 2021, 11:17:40 AM

[spoiler]He won't be the one that dies and he's pretty much already insane.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/03/10/what-is-in-the-stimulus/

Stimulus passes.

$1,400 free money yes, $300 unemployment through September 6, no minwage increase

That $1,400 is such a bizarre remnant of Trump's presidency.

Valmy

Better late than never I say.

Kind of embarrassing for Biden to be dunked on on one of his key campaign promises, the minimum wage increase. But if we get everybody vaccinated and the economy opened again quickly maybe everybody will be thinking good things about Democrats come 2022. We'll see.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Zoupa hasn't seen the movie.

But someone should tell Kanye to keep his distance
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Caliga

I liked Biden's speech last night.  It's nice being able to listen to a presidential speech again. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on March 12, 2021, 08:56:25 AM
I liked Biden's speech last night.  It's nice being able to listen to a presidential speech again. :)

I keep expecting the bizarre ranting to start, and I keep being pleasantly surprised when it doesn't! 😄
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

Centrist dads - unite! Biden is proposing the literal dream apparently:
QuoteSenator Ted Cruz
@SenTedCruz
Three words to describe the first weeks of the Biden administration: boring but radical.

More seriously this is just the latest iteration of the GOP struggling to find an attack line v Biden.
Let's bomb Russia!

Berkut

Boring but radical doesn't sound so bad to me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2021, 12:10:37 PM
More seriously this is just the latest iteration of the GOP struggling to find an attack line v Biden.

Clever but stupid.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

The most common attack line is clearly dementia and he is just a puppet.

I don't have a television and just consume internet nonsense, so I rarely do anything more than read about Biden. When I do see him, in debates or making speeches, it is shocking that he succeeds in putting sentences together. The attack line is undermined by having to eventually meet reality.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

It's true of all the Republican attack lines - they just don't match what is either reality or the public perception of Biden which will be really difficult to move given that it's been shaped by decades of him being in the public eye. I think they probably need to work out some others.
Let's bomb Russia!