News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ebook readers?

Started by Pedrito, October 26, 2020, 05:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Given that the last thread about ebook readers was in 2013, it's time to update the discussion.

My faithful Kindle 2nd gen died a couple months ago (RIP  :cry: it was old but I loved it) , and it's time to replace it. I'm thinking about a new kindle, not because I'm particularly committed to the amazon environment, but because of the quality and durability.
The Paperwhite seems a good model, what does Languish say? What does Languish use?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

mongers

Had an early Kindle with the built-in keyboard, failed, so I got a Nook, which I'm still sticking with.

So sorry no help, though I was thinking of getting a larger, say 8inch e-ink one, but didn't do anything about it or read any reviews etc.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

I use a Rakuten Kobo. It's fine. I like not being be holden to Amazon.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Pedrito on October 26, 2020, 05:33:35 PM
Given that the last thread about ebook readers was in 2013, it's time to update the discussion.

My faithful Kindle 2nd gen died a couple months ago (RIP  :cry: it was old but I loved it) , and it's time to replace it. I'm thinking about a new kindle, not because I'm particularly committed to the amazon environment, but because of the quality and durability.
The Paperwhite seems a good model, what does Languish say? What does Languish use?

L.
I use my Android tablet, with the Kindle app.  I put my background to black, my text is white, minimum brightness and I love it :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

I have a Paperwhite, and I love it, but I haven't been using it much lately.

I got it in 2016 so I think it's the generation before current.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Like GF, I use a Kobo.  It is great.

DontSayBanana

Super late, but super-basic Kindle.
Experience bij!

The Minsky Moment

Paperwhite is a very good deal, good product.  I got an Oasis in one of the sales a year ago for the larger form factor and page turn buttons. I use it a lot including reading the daily newspaper.
Amazon is a very good ecosystem for books, they have a huge selection and lots of sales.  If you are willing to wait you can get just about any book cheap.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HisMajestyBOB

I have a Paperwhite 7th gen, which I upgrade to from one of the earliest Kindle versions. It's been pretty good. The only issue is that the screen is slightly cracked, but that's because the kid in my avatar decided to hit it with a metal thermos. <_<
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help