News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

College Football, 2020

Started by grumbler, October 23, 2020, 09:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: PDH on December 21, 2020, 03:53:32 PM
San Jose State has the best year for the Spartans ever, they go undefeated and win the MWC by beating Boise State handily in the championship game.

Their reward - the Arizona Bowl?  Well, at least they got the championship.

Well, their coach is considered to be one of the targets for the Arizona job, so there is some nice synergy there I am sure they all appreciate it!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2020, 01:50:47 AM
San Jose State has the best year for the Spartans ever, they go undefeated and win the MWC by beating Boise State handily in the championship game.

Well, their coach is considered to be one of the targets for the Arizona job, so there is some nice synergy there I am sure they all appreciate it!

Turning around SJSU for this year likely burned all his mojo, the mojo of his descendants, and any mojo from the 12 regular fans of San Jose State Football.  He will bring in a new regime to Arizona and fall flat.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

Quote from: PDH on December 22, 2020, 11:51:00 AM
Quote from: Berkut on December 22, 2020, 01:50:47 AM

Turning around SJSU for this year likely burned all his mojo, the mojo of his descendants, and any mojo from the 12 regular fans of San Jose State Football.  He will bring in a new regime to Arizona and fall flat.

Well, his name is not "Dick Tomey" so history would suggest that you are correct, but that is pretty much regardless of who he is....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2021, 04:35:15 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31599673/bo-schembechler-son-says-father-knew-michigan-doctor-abuse

So...um...not even sure what to say.

There's no question in my mind that Anderson was a sexual predator and that Bo was one of the people who suspected/knew (or should have suspected/known) that he was, and Bo had the power to do something about it.  The statue needs to come down and Schembechler Hall renamed.  There's too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

However, Matt Schembechler shouldn't be trusted too far as to the details.  He's made claims that even his mother said she knew from personal experience were false.  I do not, for instance, believe his story about going to Don Canham with his mother.  Millie Schembechler would never have stayed silent if she believed that her son was sexually abused and Don Canham didn't do anything about it.  She was a very forceful person.

Even if Schembechler believed that Anderson's actions were conceivably conventional medical practices, the number of complaints should have led him to have the Medical School (Anderson worked for the Medical School, not the Athletic Department; they didn't want their doctors to get too cozy with coaches and thus be susceptible to pressures to back off on a sports medical condition) investigate.  He doesn't have to be a Bad Man to be a man whose name comes off the building.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!