Started by jimmy olsen, August 28, 2020, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

RIP  :(

Sorry for his friends and family, and sorry we didn't get to see more of his talents.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on August 29, 2020, 04:45:36 AM
In the comics his sister Shuri had mantle of black panther as well.

A woman Black Panther??  :wacko:

Don't be ridiculous.

The headlines made me tear up when I saw it, which is weird. I don't usually get worked up over movie stars. But jesus... :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

Have to say, I do like the optics of the sister taking over as Black Panther. I liked the character in herself and she could be a great role model for young African girls. Progressive female role models are a good thing even in the west let alone in the developing world.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on August 29, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
Have to say, I do like the optics of the sister taking over as Black Panther. I liked the character in herself and she could be a great role model for young African girls. Progressive female role models are a good thing even in the west let alone in the developing world.

:yes:

And she was one of the most memorable characters in the film. Really all the women were strong, significant characters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Shuri actually becomes the Black Panther in the comics as well, when T'Challa is incapacitated, so it'd be perfectly canonical.

Re. Boseman, I find it amazing that he managed to have such a career while keeping his cancer and all the related treatments a secret. Is it really possible that nobody at any of the movies he made was aware of it? Including movies as physically demanding as the Marvel ones. Such a tragedy...

KRonn

So young, and I was so surprised to hear that he passed. :(

fromtia

Great actor, really sad. 43 is so young.

Wakanda Forever!!
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on August 29, 2020, 02:52:03 PM

And she was one of the most memorable characters in the film. Really all the women were strong, significant characters.
Like most Marvel movies.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on August 30, 2020, 06:08:55 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 29, 2020, 02:52:03 PM

Like most Marvel movies.

https://youtu.be/j_5KgpN38hM
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on August 29, 2020, 03:43:50 AM
They'll acknowledge it somehow. They already did commentless recasts with the Hulk and War Machine but it's not nearly the same situation. Wouldn't surprise me if they brought Michael B. Jordan's character back.

Man, people of my age dying always gives me such a feeling of dread.
The one other good villain along with Loki :hmm: :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 30, 2020, 07:12:36 PM
Quote from: celedhring on August 29, 2020, 03:43:50 AM
They'll acknowledge it somehow. They already did commentless recasts with the Hulk and War Machine but it's not nearly the same situation. Wouldn't surprise me if they brought Michael B. Jordan's character back.

Man, people of my age dying always gives me such a feeling of dread.
The one other good villain along with Loki :hmm: :mellow:
Ultron was a great villain too.  :)