News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Eurovision announces US show for 2021

Started by The Larch, August 07, 2020, 06:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 07, 2020, 10:12:12 AM
God, yes. A pan-American Eurovision would be superb.

Soo... revive the OTI Festival? The US even won its final edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr3eerYUWzg

Pity it died before it went through the same rejuvenation Eurovision enjoyed in the 2000s.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on August 07, 2020, 12:10:11 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 07, 2020, 10:12:12 AM
God, yes. A pan-American Eurovision would be superb.

Soo... revive the OTI Festival? The US even won its final edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr3eerYUWzg

Pity it died before it went through the same rejuvenation Eurovision enjoyed in the 2000s.
YES!

Also I saw that Russia was considering basically re-launching Intervision (does Putin's Soviet-era revanchism have no limits? :o) for countries that like song contests and hate gays.

I checked the BBC story on Amerivision and their main picture, correctly captioned, as a Eurovision legend Verda Serduchka:

So, no pressure Americans :lol:

Edit: Incidentally that's the image in my head when I hear continental politicians talking about the need to protect European "culture and values" :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 07, 2020, 12:33:40 PM

Also I saw that Russia was considering basically re-launching Intervision (does Putin's Soviet-era revanchism have no limits? :o) for countries that like song contests and hate gays.

If that means we'd get to see acts from Central Asian countries, it might redeem Putin's legacy.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on August 07, 2020, 12:37:24 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 07, 2020, 12:33:40 PM

If that means we'd get to see acts from Central Asian countries, it might redeem Putin's legacy.
"Now for the entry from Uzbekistan! Yes - it is, again, the President's daughter."

(Was it Azerbaijan where the President's daughter was their entry - I feel like this did happen somewhere.)
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Little Big is #1

They were robbed by this year's cancellation
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 07, 2020, 10:17:33 AM
Cultural appropriation of the worst kind.  :Embarrass:

If only Quebec would appropriate some German of French culture like Wacken or Helfest :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.