Started by Savonarola, July 31, 2020, 03:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Strictly sticking to the question's criteria, I guess it would have to be only London.  :(

But since I'm definitely not a city person, I'd go for a favourite landscape instead.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I've rarely traveled somewhere alone or without meeting someone. The first time was actually Madeira in 2008. I could see myself enjoying life there. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt

Had to consult the archives for this one, mostly I travel with someone or meet up with someone. So there is a surprise winner.........Coimbra in Portugal  :cool:

Tamas

Oddly enough, considering what a recluse I can be, I cannot recall going to any city as a tourist on my own without at least meeting somebody there.

Hamilcar

Definitely a Zürcher. I demand perfection from city government.

Liep

Sydney. I think I could live there.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

While working this out I noticed a strong correlation between solo travel and being in long-term relationships  :Embarrass:

Zoupa

Milan.

So-so. Loved the people, didn't love the city. Much more industrial that I'd thought.

merithyn

Quote from: Maladict on August 02, 2020, 12:36:41 AM
While working this out I noticed a strong correlation between solo travel and being in long-term relationships  :Embarrass:

It wasn't until I was single that I had this experience. I'm really, really glad that I was single and had this experience.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sophie Scholl

Cleveland, Ohio. I can certainly live with it. I love that city.  :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

frunk

I don't think I have a city.  I've always either traveled or visited others, or traveled for non-tourist reasons by myself.

Barrister

Honestly, Whitehorse Yukon. :cool:

Or anywhere along the Alaska Highway. But definitely not Fairbanks.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Camerus

Montreal by the criterion of the OP, where I lived for a year after university.